TVS Apache FI 160 RTR

Consumer complaints and reviews about TVS Apache FI 160 RTR

adarsh p k

Aug 25, 2019

very poor service

I bought apache rtr 160 1.5 year ago.After some few months the engine head started leaking i asked service center to replace the engine head and they lied me they changed it without actually changing it. They improperly adjusted my bike chain and ruined it and now they are blamming me for that.Please dont buy tvs bikes if this is the way they do serviving. (Service center akb tvs kannur westhill)
Nihit Mhatre

May 6, 2019

Faulty Bike

I purchase TVS apache 1604V abs dual disk before 1 month from TVS authorized dealer SHRI SAI TVS (Airoli Navi Mumbai) he give me faulty bike.
1.Gear shifting issue in bike, I'm not able to put neutral. No solution provided yet. SHRI SAI TVS DEALER said our dealership discontinued by TVS so we can't help you.
2. Rear break caliper not working from first day itself , R K Tvs service centre airoli told me that they will cover break caliper issue in warranty but still I'm suffering and only front break is working its very risky.
3. Left hand side rear 1604v decal peal off (there is no physical damage my bike park under cover and I never wash it till date only clean by dry cotton, R K TVS service centre said they not cover it under warranty you have to contact dealership and dealership said we are not providing any services.
4. Yesterday I done my first bike service and I was shock there was less oil fill by company itself.

Tvs its very poor service and manufacturing too now I hate TVS

I'm planning to filed case on TVS regarding these issues.
Sureshviss

Aug 26, 2018

Bike frist service and helmet

Sir my bike apeche 1604v bike is given to first service then after first service bike is not giving smooth and having sound in disc i will tell to service head but he is not responding and marketing executive tell brought a new bike we give a tvs company helmet but still iam not having helmet so plz help me..
Lokesh32

Aug 17, 2018

TVS Apache 200 4v Complaint

This is to complaint against my TVS apache 200 4v bike. I purchased the bike on last Sunday (12th August 2018) and on Tuesday (14th August 2018) the bike stopped when I was coming to my office. The bike was not able to start at all. I was standing on the road for around 1-2 hours after which one of TVS technician came arranged by customer care TVS.

Later the bike was delivered to the TVS showroom from where I purchased it. They guys took three days to diagnose and three different people on showroom were telling me three different problem regarding the bike. See below.

1. There is some dust in carburetor that is why it happened.
2. There is some water in fuel tank that is why it stopped.
3. My 5 liters of Petrol in petrol tank got mixed with engine oil inside the chamber where engine oil resides and they opened the engine to clean the same.

This is totally unacceptable that after two days I purchased the bike it has that severe problem which cannot be explain as you see above. I was never driving this bike above 40 kmph as suggested by the showroom people and bike stopped working when I was driving it and it was already 6 km I drove the vehicle.

Kindly look into this and provide replacement of the vehicle as it is only two days I purchased it and it got that severe problem. Otherwise I will go public about this issue and may file legals against company.
Tvs Credit

Mar 13, 2018

RE: loan

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have forwarded your concern to our team and they will get in touch with you.

TVS Credit
sonu001

Mar 12, 2018

loan

i have purchase a bike TVS RR 160 from chhatikara dealer (name Mr. BharaT) , I had given 40,000/- as down payment & rest amount was through finance, he did not give me any slip of deposit of rs. 41,000/- but when i downlaod my loan finance sattement, i was shoked because it was more than by 5000/- so i callled to customer care to confirm how much he deposited in down payment than reply from custmer care was 36,730 something, but given him 41,000/- i was contacted him after knowing the issue, but was saying me , how it is possible, i deposted full amount.

sonu
mob. 7836896800
TVS CREDIT loan no. UP3041TW0021190
sonuiec

Jul 21, 2017

TVs Apache 160 big mistake in my life

I have purchase bike on date 07/07/2017
My bike no is dl 11-ss-1265.

Main problem in this bike is over heat issue engine. I have wear extra clothes in my leg and two sock in my foot to handle heat but engine heat is not handle by cloth .
I have marketing job and travel around 22 km continue with one stop but engine heat hurt my leg and foot .
I goto service center om service center delhi but not well response heating issue continue come after 1 service 550 km .
The main problem is heating vs4 engine Apache .
My friend also purchase same bile heating issue come . Heating issue not resolve by service center .

This bike is not professnal bike like hero,Honda, Yamaha .bajaj
I have run only 1000 km but I have searching buyer to sell bike . Only pick up not matter in bike hole system want good. When I talk to machinik he told this issue come in vs 4 engine Apache .
Sekar K

Jun 30, 2017

Noise issue

Sri sakthi tvs motors kelambakkam. They reppaced the new rocker levers on warranty 2nd service on 2900 km only. I asked the reason why u replaced the new one. But service manager replied as harsh and no response me. After that the noise us high from engine. Now i complaint on ramkay tvs velachery. They attended the noise and speedometer cabinet crack issue. The ramkay tvs said problem is resolved but again noise is coming. Now i who can is trust?
Jignesh691

Jan 2, 2017

Dont purchase tvs bike

Don't purchase tvs bike ..
up32ds8999

Jun 15, 2016

heating engine extra ordinary and gear engaging problem

I serviced my bike up32ds8999 rtr160 at ur registerd station kohli sevice center lucknow uttar pradesh on date 3 jun2016.in my bike engine was heating extraodinary .picup is very low and gear engaging problem .bike average is very low.bike is continuasly running after clutch press.there so many problems not solve after servicing my bike and i wast my money in sevicing at ur regiterd station .i decided can not adviced purchase tvs bike and serviced ur registred station.
My contact number 9389136090
indrajit paul

May 15, 2016

poor servicing

I am not at all satisfied with the service from tvs service center. few days back my bike's socker oil was leaking. so i have changed that socker from service center as it is in warranty period. but it seems they have given me the damaged one. again i am facing the same leaking issue. TVS simply cheat us.

Apr 4, 2011

Poor Quality Bike

even i faced similar problem as u' AUTO ENGINE CUTOFF'...This is due to oxide formation in the lock.(lock acts as a switch for electrical connection of bike)..so when u switch on indicator or simply the engine will shut off.and bike will restart.(i guess its due to poor electrical engineering of the bike).

i had similar problem.searched whole of the internet and found no solution..i showed it to service station.they removed whole of he bike wiring and found nothing wrong...after some months the bike would hardly start..later on the problem was traced to the lock..
had to replace the entire lock set for Rs 1000. (rare problem for a bike 1.5 yrs old)
had proplems with unruly support staff in tvs service centres..

tvs service centres are not capable of servicing electrical parts of the bike..they say they r not trained.

some positive points about the bike:

1. it has good pick up in the 150 cc segment.
2. engine music(sound of the engine) is good.compared to others.
3.best looks in the segment(dont think yellow looks good with any other bike).

some negative points:

1.the bike has unusual vibrations.
2.brakes are very sharp(good point) but cause the tires to skid(bad point).
3.slippery roads make riding a nightmare(i think its due to tvs tires.)
4.bike electronics is not up to the mark.(tvs has to provide training to its service centres in this subject. )
5.the welding of frame of bike is not neatly done.(paint finish is good).you can observe this in front of ur bike frame...the wiring is not neat.
6. tvs has to strict guidelines for service centres..

personally i feel tvs HAS TO IMPROVE BUILD QUALITY.and IMPROVE SERVICE CONSIDERABLY.

i think tvs apache has these problems because they r trying new thing in this segment..but such reckless approach wouldnt do any good to them.

Sep 8, 2010

Poor Quality Bike

I completely agree with you debadattamishra.
I have the same problems as you have in your bike. I purchased this piece of junk named Apache RTR 160fi in Feb 2009 and totally dissatisfied with the bike till date. The pick up, misfiring and vibration are still there after around 15-20 visits and constant calling and requesting for help to the local Area office here (I live in Gandhinagar- capital of Gujarat) at Ahmedabad. Also the same problem of computerized service station is there as there is none in my city and only one in Ahmedabad. I even contacted the TVS company at Hosur, Tamilnadu several times; and after several calls they sent the same TVS technician here from Ahmedabad who just changes or cleans the injector, adjust the RPM etc.. and thats all.
Above all the technicians tell me not to drive at speed o 100 or above it!! So what is the idea of advertising titled 'TVS Racing'. Also the official i talked with at Hosur was talking to me like he is doing me a favour by sorting out my problem. After that i went to the service station they changed the Injector and the pickup was improved a little bit. The personnel from the company called me once again to confirm whether my problem was solved or not. I said the problem is solved but not completely and i have too many other problems, for that he replied so rudely that as if i was a beggar asking something for free. He said you just talk about the problem for which you complained at the company not for other problems with your bike and then he ended up the call.
So this is how the TVS higher officials behave with their customer?? The company thinks us customers as of we are beggars or scape goats for them!!!
This is the reason why TVS is in India since 1940 or may be earlier but still Honda is leading.
This is the reason why 'Bajaj' who entered the biking segment much later, but it is way ahead of TVS.

Here are my bike specs:-
Frame no- MD634LE5792A05300
Engine no- 0E5A92005336
Colour- Yellow
Date of purchase- 23/02/09
Purchased from- SAI Motors, plot no: 17-A, G.T.S. Road, Sector-30, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.

Aug 26, 2010

POOR QUALITY BIKE
Bike Owner Name: Debadatta Mishra.

Bike purchased on: 08/11/2009.

E.No- 0E5L92013366.
CH. No- MD634LE569L13667.

Defects in bike:
i) Abnormal vibration (whole bike body) after 50km/hr.
ii) Engine auto cutsoff (stop) in running.
iii) Misfiring.
iv) Knocking sound & pick up.
v) Gear box (Gear Slippage).
vi) Tyre skid (indicates poor TVS tyre quality).
vii) Faulty Tachometer & Fuel gauge.

Suffering from: After around 2 months of purchase.

Servicing: 3 times. (But problem persists till now).
1st two servicings at Gurugovind TVS (Rourkela)
3rd servicing at Jyoti Motors (Bhubaneswar)

Service support Limitation: Only computerised service stations can do the servicing/troubleshoot of FI version bikes. Based upon my research; in ORISSA such kind of service stations available in two locations(Bhubaneswar & Cuttack).

Purchased from: OBERAI TVS- CRPF Square, Bhubaneswar.

Promise of TVS sales man during purchase: Mr. Surya Patra of Oberai TVS had made me interested to buy FI variant TVS Apache RTR 160 FI where as I was previousely interested in non-FI version. As per him it is a premium segment quality bike of TVS in build quality, technology & looks. Also he informed me that, I can also avail service support from authorized service station in Rourkela (my workplace). But in actual; here in Rourkela- one & only Gurugovid TVS service station is available who have n't been equiped & trained to do servicing of TVS FI bikes. Servicing means only they understand oil change, air & oil filter replacement and cleaning of bike.

Finally I had to bring it to Bhubaneswar by train parcel for Servicing & toubleshoot.

Personal Experiece with the bike:

If our esteemed Indian Government will impose ban on foreign products; I will prefer to be bike less instead having a bike like TVS Apache RTR 160 FI.

If owner of TVS company will rufund my bike price (even after deducting depriciation value); I will keep his photo to pray him till rest of my life.

If somebody who believes only in looks & second hand bikes, please contact me (09861819208). I have purchased this tension (TVS Apache RTR 160 FI) at around Rs. 72,500/- (INR).

If any satisfied TVS Apache RTR 160 FI owner do exists in India; please contact me, It will my pleasure to be friend of that lucky person.

I will suggest all my bad wishers to buy this bike without going through customer complaints/feedback forum.

HDFC Bank - CHARGES & ACCOUNT CLOSURE
    Dear Sir, This Is Prabhu From Chennai.I want to...
    UP BOARD Allahabad - Marksheet lost
    MY LOST HIGH SCHOOL MARKSHEET I lost my10th orignel...
    Hostitsmart.com - Very Bad Customer Service Hostitsmart.com Ripp Off
    Host IT Smart / Hosting World — Web Hosting VERY BAD...
    BBMP/Dog Catching Squad - Aggressive Stray Dogs Biting others
    Hi, A group of 3-4 dogs from neighboring lanes come and...
    CSAB - Fee refund
    Respected sir please make the fee refund procedure fast...
    CSAB - Fee refund
    Sir please make the fee refund procedure fast especially...
    ak - Fake MR FARHAN
    I’m Abhishek Ik again posting this I talked w h MR...
    DELHI SUBORDINATE SERVICE SELECTION BOARD - Wrong Graduation Board Name
    Hello Sir My name is Anjali and just on day 23 September...
    fake gigolo agency - FARHAN is FAKE
    I want to say Mr Farhan I will post my registration...