uber india

Consumer complaints and reviews about uber india

Venkat2mca

Jun 19, 2018

Drop location was wrong

I have traveled from my home Marathahalli Bengaluru to cubbon park Bengaluru, Used PayTM as the payment method

When I reach to destination , I told to driver as payment as Paytm , He said Ok , Then I get down the cab

Trip was showing as 300/ before I start from home, Later when I start back from park when I see the app , Trip is showing as payment due total fee is 12,000/ and drop location automatically changed to airport

I don't know this is because of driver didn't end the trip or , Because of Uber issue.

When I raise a dispute with Uber, They are saying that , I have traveled to airport.

Just imagine how much frustration I got after seeing that mail reply from them.

I'm very much unhappy and full of angry,

I want to launch complaint against them, looking forward to do it
parthojee

May 9, 2018

Charged for trip which was never made or requested

Mt Wife takes Uber every day from Nehru Place to Greater Kalilash 2 and uses UberGo. Yesterday 8th May 2018, while calling Uber from the same place at almost the same time, and she got a message from Uber that her balance is Rs 1319 for a trip to somewhere in Haryana. When she complained in Uber app, she got a reply that her trip charge is correct and she has to pay.
My wife is 34 weeks pregnant now and she cannot take an AUto and is heavily relied on Uber. She paid the amout for a trip she never took just to keep Uber app active. I am not in India also at this time and I'll return in two weeks.
No email. No support phone number. And no help from Uber.
R A

Apr 25, 2018

UBER overcharging 3 times in last one week

I have been overcharged 3 times in last one week time for my trips from the amount shown at the time of confirming the trips. The overcharging is as high as upto 2.5 times of the original amount and I raised complaints with UBER app also. but no resolution yet.
For the 1st complaints I raised last week they have just confused me saying driver has taken a different route which is not correct and if for pool a driver is changing the route how can I be responsible for that. I should be charged the fixed amount only.
The second trip the driver informed me that the trip has got auto cancelled at the mid way and I have been charged extra from my paytm account. The original amount at the time of booking was INR 69, final deduction was INR 123.
Today 25 April 18, I booked a UBER go, while confirming the trip the fare was INR 99. the final deduction happened from my paytm was INR 248. for what good reason? it seems my paytm account is not mine it's of UBER and they can take how much ever they want any time? what is this?
apjindal

Apr 23, 2018

excess kilometer charged

while booking the ride coast was shown as Rs.250 and distance is about 12km. on competion of ride the distance shown is 35km and have charged Rs545/- in response to compliant the company has not verified the facts and confirmed the charges. in previous incidence they had given the credit for excess charged.
it seems the company has a practice of wrong charge and fool with customers.
RTO has no control over the Uber. who to contact for these wrongdoing by the company.?
apjindal

Apr 23, 2018

excess kilometer charged

i had traveled about 12km and estimate given was Rs.250 but bill showed as 35 km and charged Rs 545/-on compliant company without verifying anything claimed the charge to be correct. whom to compliant. as they are not covered by RTO.
Nikita2708

Apr 19, 2018

Uber driver cancelled the ride and Now I am getting charged for it

On 2/3/2018, I booked a ride and my Uber driver cancelled the ride . Now for no reason i am getting charged Rs. 42.50 as cancellation fee. Also Today ,I took a ride and after completion of ride I paid My amount with that cancellation charge. Now when I have paid the cancellation charge ,it is still appearing in my credits and and also If I want to book another ride those charges are being applies again.How many times I need to pay that cancellation fee even when it was not my fault .
cute_mig

Apr 14, 2018

Fight against unethical Practices of Uber

Support the social cause sign the petition "MR NITIN GADKARI TRANSPORT MINISTER: UBER INDIA TO BE DECLARED AS TRANSPORTATION SERVICE TO INCREASE ACCOUNTABILITY AND SAFETY" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

Our goal is to reach 100 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

Thanks!
Prashanth
jishinv

Apr 6, 2018

Uber driver cheats

Uber driver starts the trip without picking us. Within 2 minutes ends trip himself. Money is deducted from my account. Complained to Uber on twitter. But they not giving any proper reply and just waiting time. Plus no customer care number and no reply to using help option in Uber app
HarshithaChajed

Mar 13, 2018

Uber Driver Cancelled after he made me wait for 15 minutes

Uber Driver name: Rudresha
Car: Chevrolet Beat
Driver's Phone Number: 9591378714

This was not the first time, a driver canceled a trip after asking me the destination and making me wait for 15 minutes. I tried calling him a number of times and he did not pick up and I was charged for the cancellation, which absolutely isn't fair. Though I get back the money after the complain, the time I waited for absolutely nothing was what brought me here to complain.

The drivers canceling should be charged or at least have the courtesy to pick the call and inform.

If no action is taken against such cases, I'm sure I would go to higher authorities and stop using such unreliable apps.

Your service is getting worse every day.
arisarkar

Feb 26, 2018

I lost my mobile

I am desparately trying to reach the driver and Uber. Both of them is non responsive. Although on help.uber they commit to intervene.
I think though I am 365 days customer of Uber, I need to change to alternate service provider. Most unacceptable.
arisarkar

Feb 24, 2018

Forgot to take my mobile from uber

Just now I completed a trip in uber. I left my Mobile phone in the uber car.
I am calling my number constantly but the driver is not picking up.
Logged in to help.uber but no help.
I am a daily customer of uber and this is not acceptable.
Uber should have customer service desk to address these issues.

My alternate number is - 9748449069
omsairam90

Feb 24, 2018

Unprofessional & Rude Driver

I am a government employee from Trivandrum. Yesterday evening I booked uber to go home from office. The driver was 3 mins away from my point. He called me after the booking. I clearly told him my location. After that I waited for about 5 mins. He didn't call me. After some time I saw the car in opposite direction. He didn't stop the car at my point. As he was going away from my stop I called him and told that I am on the opposite side. But he rudely said that it is difficulty for him to pick me from my stop. Since I'm 6 months pregnant I am unable to run behind his car. He was not ready to take me from my place. Also he abused me over the phone. Because of his rude behaviour I was forced to cancel the trip and went home by bus.The driver details are shown below.
Name - Prageesh
Vehicle- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga KL-21-M-7305(NOT SURE)
MOB- 8079441564, 8893012716
Navya kandimalla

Feb 22, 2018

Driver delayed

What the hell is wrong with the uber???...this is not the first time...if you cant take the ride just shut your business....dont bluff the people by making them wait for so long...inspite of waiting the driver didn come and not even picking the call...what a clever fox is that bloody driver...he wants me to cancel the ride and book the next so that it wont charge....if you are seriously running te business take charge on that idiot..
Name: Yadagiri
Contact: +91 8978725076
Vehicle num: TS32 T 1175
Akns31

Feb 12, 2018

Overcharging

I booked Uber cab and the charges at that time were showing 900-1200 Rs, I took the ride and confirmed the price from driver as well he said it would be around 1000 Rs and not more than that. When I reached to my destination the final charges were 2596 Rs which is not slight higher but rather exorbitant amount that is taken by me. I am highly disappointed with such tactics that is used by these cab services who take advantage of customers and scandalize them. It would have acceptable had there been too much traffic but this was not the case either, for why they have charged me 2600 is not understandable. A justified amount is not a problem but when your app itself is showing that the amount will be this much how could you charge so arbitrarily. I would really suggest not to book a uber ride to airport in Bangalore.
pravinmore

Feb 9, 2018

Uber Driver abused on phone call

Last night I had scheduled cab for today(10-Feb-2018) morning. Driver has accepted it in morning and cancelled it at the last moment, also, he was not picking the phone. I called him around 7-8 times then pick the call and start abusing me. He didn't stop there but threaten me that he will come my place and beat me.

Unfortunately his car details are not listing in my trips.

Following is his details:
Name: pravin/mail(Uber app was showing pravin but trucaller was showing amol)
Cell number: 7249725454.
Cmalhotra

Jan 27, 2018

Left my Oppo F1S mobile in Uber car

Hello.
Today in evening I booked Uber cab from Inderpuri to Old Gupta Colony, Delhi. I forgot to take my Oppo F1S mobile No. 9990675004 from the cab. So I need help from you. I called many times with Uber customer care to inform this incident. But they didn't help. I request you to help me to get back my mobile phone.
Have a good day.
Chahat Malhotra
irfan13021994

Jan 9, 2018

driver is unprofessional on call and rude in behaviour on call to cancel the ride

Hello
i am from hyderabad it was at night 11:18 it was emergency to reach home i booked the cad. after some time cad driver called that to cancel the cab by youself and rude way of speeking on call and mannerless person. i had never seen at before such a person and unprofessional driver
Driver Name :- SHAMSHUDDIN
place :- HYDERABAD ABIDS
Car Name :- HONDA AMAZE
As i seen the profile that is only from 3 months in uber such a
agelesstraveller

Dec 16, 2017

Uber India — incompetitive customer care of a world funded (not class) company

A retarded mind conversation with Uber customer care in India which shows how Uber operates in India paying hefty salaries to certain executives.

Sorry to hear about the trouble.
Could you please help us with the date and amount of this charge you're referring to? Also, I request you to attach a screenshot of the charge on your valid bank statement so we can look into this and help you in the best way possible.
Sent by UC on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 3:59:12 PM

date is 1st Nov 2017. It is mentioned in the messages and screenshots and I am not sure why you cannot read that
Sent by Raj on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 2:03:29 PM

sorry, I have already given you screenshots from valid bank statement as mentioned in my previous message. :) Time of the transaction is 5:30 pm
Sent by Raj on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 2:02:33 PM

Sent by shivani on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 1:55:46 PM

Date and even time of charge is mentioned in the snapshot and this is the full line item from statement. Can you review the screenshots again and let me know what is missing so that I can help?
Sent by K. on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 1:02:09 PM

Sorry to hear about the trouble.
Could you please help us with the date and amount of this charge you're referring to? Also, I request you to attach a valid and full screenshot of the charge on your bank/wallet statement so we can look into this and help you in the best way possible.
Sent by Mohammad on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 12:33:13 PM

These are pictures cut from Paytm and HDFC bank statements. You skipped noticing the U Icon in Paytm snapshot and blue table representation in the HDFC bank statement. I am surprised you thought these are SMS or text messages . Apart from these screenshots from the statements there is not other way I have to share more information regarding these transactions. I am attaching them again so that you can re-verify that these are not SMS. Also, these screenshots have transaction IDs listed which you can use to track in your system to find out if transaction happened successfully or not. Why are you not doing that? Why do you need screenshot when your system already has information on these transactions? ~Raj

Sent by Raj on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 12:04:36 PM

Sorry to hear for the confusion.

I've checked the screenshot sent by you, It is the texts you are getting about the charge which is not verifiable as per our policy. I would like to request you please send a latest screenshot of your bank/wallet statement reflecting this charge towards Uber.
Please note that SMS messages are not considered a bank statement as they do not differentiate between a hold and a completed transaction.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sent by SauravKumarSingh on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 11:44:54 AM

Please see the screenshots below. I have check that none of these transactions are reversed in the last 6 weeks. ~Raj On Friday, December 15, 2017 4:20 PM, Uber Support wrote: Uber | |
Sent byRaj. on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 11:16:47 AM

Sorry to hear about the duplicate charge on your trip.
Could you please send in a screenshot of your bank/ wallet statement reflecting these charges towards Uber so we can check it for you?
Awaiting your response.
Sent by SudhanshuKhanna on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 10:49:52 AM

the date and time is already provided in my message. I have given the transaction numbers from wallet and debit cards same as what you see in screenshots. Why do you need screenshots?
Sent by K. on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 4:01:05 AM

Sorry to hear about the trouble.
Could you please help us with the date and amount of this charge you're referring to? Also, I request you to attach a screenshot of the charge on your wallet statement so we can look into this and help you in the best way possible.
Sent by Banesingh P. on Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 7:56:50 PM

What Did Your Receipt Explain?: The money is deducted from debit card and paytm account as well
Other Questions About This Trip?: Paytm transaction details - UBER Order #6210f65a1ebb31418102064cfb28ca1 Paytm Cash Txn ID 16191709214 2017-11-01 05:34:00 PM Debit card transaction ID Reference No ################ Date 1/11/2017 Amt 352.62
Sent by K. on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 3:48:19 PM

Sent by shivani on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 1:55:46 PM

Sent by K. on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 1:02:09 PM

Sent by Mohammad on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 12:33:13 PM

Sent by Raj on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 12:04:36 PM

Sorry to hear for the confusion.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Sent by SauravKumarSingh on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 11:44:54 AM

Sent byRaj. on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 11:16:47 AM

Sorry to hear about the duplicate charge on your trip.
Awaiting your response.

Mr. Treublaan 7, 1097 DP Amsterdam, Nederland
anilpaul

Dec 4, 2017

Trip not completed

Yesterday I had a trip in bengaluru. Actually it was booked previous day and the driver came in time as I booked again in the morning - I dont know why it was not as per my earilier booking and I had to book again in morning.
I gave a destination in Kempapura- Hebbal and my actual spot was to go Mar Gregorios Orthodox Church. In his map he said the location not showing the church which I said and showed on google map and he said he cannot continue. He dropped me beside another church which was not my prefererred one and he said the charge is 184.00 and paid 200 then he didnt give me balance. The actual charged on my booking time it was 144 and balance 40 was against another trip last week which having another issue. That day the driver didnt come after I book a trip but I saw a cab rounding in far spot saying in 5 minutes it will reach . nothing happened and I cancelled the trip . I think this was the reason I had to pay 184.00. My issue is the balance 16 Rupees going to reduce from my next trip amount or not?
Yesterday even I showed the church in Google map but it is not showing in your drivers device on UBER app. I know Uber is using google map too and why this thing happen. I caught another taxi and he dropped me at the location with 100 rupees charge. The driver Dayanand was not a right person to your concern to use your system and not sincere. He even getting angry at me while I was telling the Church name. In Christian there are many different churches and rites so each attends their own Holy Mass. Kindly enquire about this and tell me the status 0920 788 1280. anilpaul2k@gmail.com
psarvank

Dec 4, 2017

charging very hgh on pool rides

Uber should be banned from India. They are charging too high on Pool rides during peak hours. Please take serious action
ragesh@

Dec 1, 2017

repeated SMS recieved form uber to my mobile

it is very much regrettable to say that ive never been an uber customer and u guys are sending me SMS to my mobile advertising ur various offers. neither me or my close ones are dependent on uber and i am here by protesting that without my consent u bunch of irresponsible persons shall not sent a single message to my mobile advertising ur company. hope this finds well and it is again reminded that no more messages shall be sent to my mobile otherwise i will take legal action against ur irresponsibility.
Mithun33#

Nov 30, 2017

Worst service!!

Hey this is to inform you a bad experience I've faced earlier tonight. I had to reach at south Railway Station from netaji nagar as my train departure was at 12.15 am. I've requested for ubergo around 11.20 pm and I was neither receiving any calls nor any updates till 11.45pm :o. I called him up and he said he is starting to the pick up and I' had wasted another 15 minutes.again when I tried he cut my call twice and kept the phone switched off.duh!!! I was just bugged up and your service put me under frigging strain!!! This was not the first time I'm experiencing something like this But this was the best duck up ever!!! Alas after all this may be around half an hour later when I called just to check it was on and rejected !!! Details of the driver :sulfikkar KL 51G 8147.. Ford figo aspire
Anish1999

Nov 28, 2017

I was overcharged 3 times the trip est

would request you to understand the entire story of my uber experience on 3:50am 20th november . i prebooked a cab to kempegoda international airport with an expected fare of R.S 800-900 and my cab was confirmed on time and even the driver arrived. i myself checked my booking in the driver's phone. Later when i reached airport the cash amount showed R.S 2282 , even though i had no outstanding balance. The driver forced me to pay the entire amount and told me to contact uber for any issues. The drivers name is rangaswamy and his contact number is 79-75546441. i never expected this from uber. And i sincerely request you to make my refund as soon as possible.
Anish1999

Nov 28, 2017

I was overcharged for my trip

Chartered bus indore - Missing of Flight due to delay by Bus Driver
    This is with regard to the issue faced by me while...
    colony - Garbage not collected and dirty water comes from naala
    I am from Sector-24,Noida Hamare colony k bahar bhut sara...
    Expert Ayurveda Pvt Ltd - Weight no loss for this usage
    We purchased weight loss kit 3 months pack on...
    Night Suits for Men - Refund
    Respected Sir, I have placed night suits for men 2...
    Street light - Street light
    Sir Mere ghar ke samne ki Street light kharab hai.jiske...
    Delhi Orange Bus - Conductor not giving ticket
    The conductor of bus no dl 1pd 0825 on route no, 807a is...
    Reliance Trends - refund issue and delay of product product delivery
    I cancelled an order on june 12 2018 for which i paid 1597...
    Noida Municipal corporation - Garbage not collected and dirty water comes from naala
    I am from Sector-24,Noida Hamare colony k bahar bhut sara...
    mahindra bolero maxitruck plus - Service
    My pickup immobiliser is theft and key is lost, I...