University of Calicut

Consumer complaints and reviews about University of Calicut

alen_xd

Jan 14, 2022

Offline Exams while Students are getting Covid

Because of University of Calicut, they are holding offline exams for Architecture colleges in kerala. The stupidity of the faculty is really evident. While colleges all around the world are conducting online exams and minimalizing classes to avoid Covid with students, they are doing an excellent work in making more students get Covid. I have Covid due to offline classes and currently in quarantine, now they are conducting offline exams which is why i might not be able to attend the exams. Please stop this stupid decisions from the authority as its just affecting the students more. This issue can be resolved by conducting online exams and conducting online exams until things are settled.
Jomo

Sep 28, 2020

Revaluation results are not published

Regarding late publishing of exam results

I am a full time MBA student (CUCSS). I have a Back paper in 2nd semester mba. I am Written the exam in 2019. due to the failure i am submitted for revaluation. I am waiting for the same paper. The supply exam date also published, the exam will be scheduled in 13.10.2020
so please publish the revaluation results as soon as possible for our better future.

Thanks and Regards.
Sharafumannur

May 3, 2019

Regarding late publishing of exam results

I am a B.com Student ( SDE-CUCBCSS) with register number FKAOBS0515. I have a Back paper. I am Written on april 2017 and i got result. due to the failure i am submitted for revaluation. I am waiting for the same paper. Because of the long period of publication time we missing lot of job opportunities from the companies.

so please publish results as soon as possible for our better future.

Thanks and Regards,

My transaction cancelled
Musthafampm

Oct 3, 2017

Challan not remitted

I done challan through atom payment for university original certificate .(RS 293).the challan not remitted. .My atom transaction referance number is 39187060.merchant transaction Ref no is 171882264.transaction date 27.09.2017.Time 22.08.22 PM.
Please refund this amount to my account

Challan not remitted

Musthafampm

Sep 29, 2017

Challan number not get

I done challan through atom payment for university original certificate .(RS 293). I have not get challan number and security code through SMS/MAIL .My atom transaction referance number is 39187060.merchant transaction Ref no is 171882264.transaction date 27.09.2017.Time 22.08.22 PM.
PLEASE SEND CHALLAN NUMBER AND SECURITY CODE TO 7736857801 OR MAIL TO [email protected]

Challan number not get

rajesh-v

Jun 9, 2017

transcript not sent

I have applied for genuineness verification transcript on april7th 2017.It was supposed to be submitted to WES canada.Its been two months now and the transcript for BA Sociology has not reached WES.As i am working in bangalore i cannot frequently come to Calicut for checking the status.Could someone please help me on this as its really important for me to produce the transcript for relocation.

Name : Shini chandran

Subject of Transcript required : BA Sociology.

Date of submission :07/04/2017
User619690

Dec 1, 2011

Total irresponsibilty in checking of answer sheets

totally irresponsible and careless attitude of the university officials. my friend received a reply that "don't expect the mark list to arrive any time soon if it arrives at all." i don't know why they are running this institute at all. it would be better for all if the calicut university is closed down once and for all.

Jun 3, 2011

exam valuation
i am btech 2010 passout
university is calicut university (ece)
but not passed many subjects till now
but i am sure that i have written well in all exams
total i expected near 60-65% marks
but presently have nearly 52% only
also near 15 subjects not passed till now

when ever a result come result will be failed
but i am sure that i have written very well

there is some problems in valuation of btech in calicut university

also one of my friend who studied nothing
who tells after every exams that he will fail
but when result came he passed with good marks

so hardworking students will not get mark and lazy get marks

is this good to a university?
it will degrade university...

heard that there are many political issues regarding valuation
also heard that they will get question papers before exams...

is this good for a top university like calicut?

Jun 3, 2011

Total irresponsibilty in checking of answer sheets

calicut university is wprst university

May 29, 2011

Total irresponsibilty in checking of answer sheets

the university of calicut doesn't complete the course on time especially, pg self financing courses, the colleges does not forward the letter for conducting exams, the university doesn't take annual appraise of the facilities and faculties of the colleges they only collect there money and give affiliation to low standard colleges.that leads to face a major problem to the education standard of students in kerala.the students didnot get the chance to attand any interviews due to the lagging of completed the exams.The university of calicut must care about this .
by adv .prasanth

Mar 4, 2011

Total irresponsibilty in checking of answer sheets

It is with deep sadness and suffering that i write this complaint. An institution which is supposed to be an epitome of honour and education, is acting with such irresponsibilty that it tarnishes the image of the very principles the education system stands for.
A student of University of Calicut, me and various other students of the university have been subjected to the atrocities of the university. Except maybe the first year results of B.Tech, hardly a decent error free result has been declared for us by the university. The first time we ever faced a failure in the exams in our professional degree, most of us applied for revaluation of the paper. Though the results of it were announced after about an year for some of the students, for many of us it still hasnt been announced, after a year and a half. And almost all the students passed the paper on revaluation; and that too only after passing their supplimentary exam first. IS THIS SOME KIND OF NEW METHOD FOR THE UNIVERSITY TO MAKE MONEY???? The same thing was repeated the next semester and the next. And again when the last resuls were announced, many failed in some of the exams they least expected to. Some of the people who expected to pass all the subjects, failed in as many as five subjects. Not everyone's family is in the financial condition to apply for revaluation no matter how confident we might be about how well we had written the exam.
First pay the supplimentary exam fees. Then pay the revaluation fees. And then pass the subject. Are they making a mockery of the education system? Or have they degraded Education to just another "business"? Maybe these things cannot be answered by anyone. Maybe they can. But for students like us who cannot afford to give for revaluation, we're just another set of pawns in the University's hands. For them we're just another source of income. Not students.
I doubt whether this complaint of mine will bring about any change. But with all the faith in my heart for the values my country stands for, I wish it would.