V.S HOSPITAL, CHETPET, CHENNAI

Consumer complaints and reviews about V.S HOSPITAL, CHETPET, CHENNAI

revanthrd

Nov 26, 2022

Incident report

In vs hospital kilpauk when we were going with our patient from ward to operation theatre. The lift got struck up. We were stranded help us after nearly 10 minutes the help arrived. They collect so much money for every cancer patients. They don't wish to install a automatic rescue in the lift. Pathetic care and cure and passion
sarav2345

Oct 17, 2020

unreliable costing

Worst hospital ever . They just charge enormous amount for covid 19 treatment, nearly 3 lakhs charged for 5 days of mild symptoms. Hospitals like these have to be banned! But sadly we all fall into this private hospital trap.
sarav2345

Oct 17, 2020

Excess costing

Worst hospital ever .They just charge enormous amount for covid 19 treatment, nearly 3 lakhs charged for 5 days of mild symptoms. Hospitals like these have to be banned! But sadly we all fall into this private hospital trap.
feellucky

Nov 14, 2016

V.S HOSPITAL, CHETPET, CHENNAI - Rudeness of Hospital Doctors

Had a bad experience with the hospital. The Hospital staffs are kind enough but the doctors are really really rude. I wanted to give this opinion to help others who are looking for review about his hospital on view of getting your ill friends/relatives treated.

I have had a continues experience of rudeness starting from the Chief Dr Subramanium until the Duty Doctor here. We had to walk out of the hospital without treatment waiting for the Chief to visit us even after being a patient here for more than 2 years. This person is so rude that he doesn't even give a shit about the patient's condition. He walks to the next door to visit a Dead Patient but doesn't want to talk to a alive patient and crosses away while the patient himself keeps calling aloud to talk to him. He might be a Doctor of 50 Years experience and Awarded a Lifetime Achievement Award, but he needs to learn how to be gentle to a patient. We have come to you for treatment of a condition called Cancer where the patient is already into Physical, Mental pain, fatigue and with a small hope they have to live their life, they continue the treatment.

I shifted my hospital from Apollo to here after second occurrence hearing from friends and family member's recommendations. I have heard of this hospital being so good and saved many people's life. But first of all, let me say this, this facility is no more patient friendly. You will have to wait for more than 5 hours(at time we have waited for more than 8 hours) for just a consultation where we get a prescription to continue the same medicine. The doctor shows more importance to attract new patients to be frank. In-fact we were not charged the first time we moved to his hospital for the second opinion.

Treatment : Once you get admitted, your wait starts. You first wait for the duty doctor to come and write up your schedule (2 -3 Hours). The schedule is then sent to the Pharmacy and they take more than 2 hours to bring the medicine in case its a costly medicine. Half of the first day of treatment goes off waiting. If you have to get a ultrasound done, the facility is in another building and usually works only half day. If you crossed the half day, no treatment until this is done. I feel all these are for extending your treatment to one more day so that they can charge more starting from the Room Charges to the Nurse Service.

Insurance/Billing : These are 2 separate departments in the hospital and they definitely lack coordination. The hospital has a software system that lets the billing department close the patient billing only after the insurance department update the approved amount and sign off saying that is the final approved amount by the insurance. But the insurance department closes 7.00 P.M and opens only at 10.00 A.M (and Sunday holiday). Think of patients who want to get discharged in between. At times there has been situations where we have requested the billing department to check with the Insurance Department person about the approval during discharge while we had the email proof about the final approved amount from the insurance to the hospital where we are copied. They plainly reject saying the system will not allow to close the billing. We have paid the complete billing amount to get discharged at that moment and got it refund later. This becomes a pain when you dint have much money and the treatment(chemotherapy) need to go on.

Conclusion :
The patient is no more and died out of Stage 4 cancer after a struggle of 36 chemotherapy and 5 Operations. Personally i feel, cancer treatment is not just with the medicine you pump into the patient's body but it also depends on the hope the patient gets seeing the Chief Doctor, Duty Doctors and Nurses to continue the treatment withstanding the pain and fatigue that the treatment brings in. In this aspect, the hospital is worth nothing and i would not recommend getting treated from this hospital. These doctors need to first learn patience and how to treat patients. We are paying for the service provided and we demand quality on that.
Postmanjob Send email

Aug 29, 2012

Mis diagnosis/Treatment at this hospital cause death to my father who can survie more than a year without this stomach(CA) surger and treatment

I agree to the above post i have never seen such a worst hospital, no proper amenities, no follow-up.

to the chief if you cant just follow - up with end to end with patient why r u running a cancer hospital

bullshit shutdown and keep away from practicing medicine.

my father was diagonised with CA stomach . 5 chemo had been given with no follow-up's .chief doctor is so busy to attend and follow-up the patients. this hospital carelessness has led to my father demise. doctor subash was the guy who killed my father. His incomplete & care less work took away a person's life. while inserting feeding tube into my father's jejunum (is the middle section of the small intestine ) flouroscope instrument failed due to over heat and unskilled technician were used for this procedure who left away irresponsibly for native. Beside feeding tube and guide way all were tied up to my father's head as if electrician leave their pending work for the next working day. my father literally cried in pain.This fellow Dr.subash simply said that was technician mistake and he cant help this out and left away.The next very day my father went to gasping stage and finally met his end. Even during that time there was no single person to do the CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) procedure..i manually did the chest compressions all in vain. The technician guy cooly came after 25 min give CPR to my father.with the electric shock machine and he didnt not know how to start / set the power level (joules)in the machine.

worst of worst hospital if your loved ones have cancer never go to this VS hospital. Both cheif dr and dr.subash is responsible for my father's sad demise, chief dr has become too old to take care of himself so how he can take care others. better he can close this cancer hospital and take care of himself rather than killing innocent patients. kindly never go and get killed.
these fellows are playing with our lives. they are not doctors they are cold blooded murderers