Videocon D2H

Consumer complaints and reviews about Videocon D2H

shivam3660

Mar 6, 2016

I had an 2 years old Videocon D2H Set top Box which i never used, now when government made Set Top Box compulsory in Miraroad, i thought of activating it on 13th Feb 2016 as it was not working.
I had taken a new TV for my Bedroom, so i also needed a Mirror Connection along with activating my existing set top box.
I called Customer Care for enquiry, and they offered me a Mirror connection and there technician will also look at my old Set top box and make it work.
And within an hour of my enquiry an engineer was in my home to make a sell. He Installed a new Line from my old Satellite Dish at the roof with 19 Mtrs of Wire.
The total Sum i paid him that day was 2350 which included 1717 (for New Set Top Box) + 402 (for New Diamond Pack) + 231 (for Mirror Connection) for which i got a Msg confirmation (attached Image of Msg with Dew Date of 14/3/16). On top of it Rs 280 for 19 Mtr wire @ 12 Rs per meter, My old Power adapter was not working so he offered me a used one for Rs 100 that sum up to Rs. 2678 (Rounding Up i gave the engineer 2700 in Cash).
The Refill was made by Him, and he informed that HD channels on Mirror Connection will be free for a Month, i didn't do any online transaction.
The Technician told me to keep my old set top box On for 2 3 Hrs as it will get software updated in that time, it didn't work so i called him back, He rudely told me to Book a complaint in Customer Care, and Told me his next visit will be paid to 200 Rs.
I called Customer Care and after talking to Supervisor, he told me that the technician visit will be paid, but we can reduce it by 50 and you will be charged Rs. 150, leaving with no choice i had to call an Technician, who come on 14th Feb 2016.
On Coming he informed us that our set top box is outdated and he'll have to take the set top box for 2 3 days to upgrade the software, or you can upgrade to new set top box for 1000 Rs and we'll get Free HD channels for 1 Year of new set top box.
I paid him Rs 1000 and he took about 1 Hr of Calling from my home to get this activated, (Msg attached of 1000 Rs Paid and due date on 12/4/16).
2 Days later 1 Nursery Rhyme Channel was blocked, on enquiring the Customer Care Girl told me "Sir its Just 1 channel, why dont you activate a 25 Rs only package to get that channel". i did that too. (Message Attached).
and now on Morning of 5th March 2016 my both set top box were Deactivated for Insufficient Balance.
Called Customer Care 20 Times with my 2 numbers (history of 1 of it is attached) and every time i explained this whole history to 7 executive and they all either disconnected to call, or either transfer it to their supervisors who again needed the whole explanation and then at some point the call will get disconnected, none of them tried calling back except one today though i could not attend call as i was in lecture.
Out of all these, one executive understood somewhat and took my complaint on 5th, for which i got msg and after few hrs i again got msg that my complaint was solved, but nothing changed and After spending approximately about 90 mins in total calling none of the executives are helping and i feel cheated and fooled by a company like Videocon.
This all is Just 22 days of my Paying them Money, I want help from authorities to solve this issue.
I would like to get my 3700 Rs Back and Videocon can happily take these 2 piece of problems out of my house.
If not, then at least make up for the money/time i have lost because these problems with a promise of better service in future.

Shivam Misra
Customer ID: 71608722

Fraud by Engineer, No support from Customer Care Executive, Service Interrupted on asking for Justification. Fraud by Engineer, No support from Customer Care Executive, Service Interrupted on asking for Justification. Fraud by Engineer, No support from Customer Care Executive, Service Interrupted on asking for Justification. Fraud by Engineer, No support from Customer Care Executive, Service Interrupted on asking for Justification.

Jan 1, 2016

new set top box problem

New set top box which was connected on 25th December 2015 is not functioning correctly since 27th Dec. Asked videocon d2h to replace with the new one but they deny.
singhamit02

Dec 20, 2015

Customer care Irresponsibilty

This is Amit here and I have been a customer of Videocon D2h for a approx. 5 years. Though I have been facing the aftermarket service irresponsibility for a long time from Videocon d2h people, I would like to draw the attention towards the specific incident of Today, I have lodged a complaint with Videocon D2h call center today that there was a connectivity issue at my end for last 2-3 days on account of which we are not able to watch the TV. I called the D2H call center around 10.30 in the morning and explained the entire problem, the call centre respondent that an engineer will have to visit to spot the issue and fix it and I will have to pay the charges. Once he noticed that it’s not even three months since I paid this charge and this visit would be free and when I told him that issues occur quite frequently now a days, he started behaving very rudely and hung up the phone.

I called up again and another guy picked up, I again had to explain the problem to him. He registered the issue and said that an engineer would be visiting and TAT for that is 24 hrs, I requested that if the visit could happen today itself as we have not been able to watch TV for last 2-3 days properly but he was non-committal. After that I received a message with an unique code which I had to provide to the person who would call me. The person called me (phone no +91 86550 53750, don't know the name) around 1.30 PM, I again explained the issue third time, he took the unique code and told me that one Engineer would be coming by 5 .00 PM today. No one came so I called him around 5.45 PM today then he said that someone called Akash would be calling just now and coming in 30 mns. No one called so I called him after 20-25 mns, he said that the engineer wd be busy but he will call me in some time. Then someone called me at 6.11 PM (mobile no +91 82688 03475) and told me that he is at MIDC so it will take around 30 mns to reach. Once I checked with him after 40 mns to confirm the address, he started asking about the problem and said that he has not yet started from MIDC. When I replied that I have explained the issues 3 times already, better he come and see the issue, he started giving reason that it will take more time there so what could be done. I retorted that nothing doing, he has to come down and see the problem as he has been assigned the duty, he said he is not sure, I said you tell me if you cant come then I will call back the call center, he said he would call me back in 2 mns.

Knowing that call may not come, I called up the first gut to sort of escalate but his phone was coming busy (he must be talking to the engineer only as Engineer's phone had also started coming busy). I tried at leat 15-20 times to both of them but none of them picked up nor replied. I sent a message also to the Engineer if he can turn up today or not but he did not reply. After 20-25 mins both the phones have started coming switched off. I mean after waiting for the entire day for them, this is what you get at the end of the day.

My issue cannot be worth a visit for Videocon D2H as the 3 months are not complete so they would not be getting any visiting charges for this visit. I don't know but for sure that Tata Sky does not charge for any visit by their engineers. I presume that after market should be free at least. But this is a very pathetic situation which as a customer I am exposed to. I want to lodge a complaint against the Company and both these 2 persons for the mental agony I have gone through and wastage of the entire day. I also would want to bring this complaint to the senior management of Videocon D2h that what the customers go through.

Thanks and regards,

Amit
bkhushi

Nov 15, 2015

dely to reinstalletion

mera naam bhushan r. kamble he,mene videocon d2h k customer care ko do baar comlent kiya tha k mere dish dusre address pe tranfar karna he (1)comp.no-341813246.(2)comp no-340593860. customer id-97324494. lekin abhi tak mere naye add. pe conection nahi hua he.

Nov 7, 2015

Complaint not resolved

Hi ,

I have been using the videocon d2h connection for more than 3 years.
My client ID is 57609284.
My registered email id is [email protected]
Last week on wednesday 28th Oct'15 I encountered a problem in your
services. I was unable to view any of the channels. I called up the
customer care and they lodged a complaint. The next day your Engineer
visited my residence and said the set top box needs to be changed. He
said he doesn't have it in stock and will change in 24 hrs.
Since then it over 8 days he has not turned up.I called up up
customer care multiple times and I got the response it will be
resolved in next 8 hrs and 6 hrs.
But the problem has not been resolved yet. I have received the
following compliant numbers via sms.
I spoke to one of your supervisor and he asked to wait till saturday
to get it resolved. Please note I had encountered the similar problem
on 17Oct'15 which was resolved by the Engineer.
The issue has not been resolved yet.
Deepesh Mishra

Oct 25, 2015

New connection

My conversation about new connection of d2h is done on 24th oct 2015 with executive service id SID72, He assured me that my connection will complete on same day till evening of 24th oct 2015 but still the connection is pending this shows your service to new customers so how can one trust for your future service.

By online booking you only sent me the transaction Id not a single update to my mobile no/ email address.
if you purchase a Rs. 50/- product they give delivery status but you can't.
Please give me proper service otherwise initiate my refund i will go back to other service providers.
My details given by you as follows.

Dear ,

Thank you for your using our buy online services. Our executive will get back to you very shortly.

Your transaction details are as follows:

Transaction No : D2H20151024120212
Transaction Status : Transaction Successful
Product : HD Digital Set Top Box (ROI)
Package : 12 Months Of Super Gold Pack
Preferred Language : NA
Total Amount (in INR) : 4250.00

Dated : 2015-10-24 at 12:38:45 hrs
Mahesh Gholap

Oct 8, 2015

Not Solving customers Issue

Talking about service of Videocon D2H.... it is very pathetic. no one was serious about work. I have called more that 8 time in a day but my issue was not resolved, No one takes care about customers concern
TapanKumar

Oct 1, 2015

Technical issue not sorted out in last 15 Days, and complaint closed without my knowledge

My set top box is not working since from 16.09.2015 tiill date as i have mentioned earlier. Today ie on 01. 10 .2015 i have called customer care to sort out my issue, But i got the answer that your complaint has been closed.

How come my complaint gets closed without my knowledge.

In addition i have recieved a sms saying to make recharge on 03.10.2015 for the next month, But what about the time period for which Videocon D2h has not provided me the service.

Does it means that videocon people wants to take money from their customer by hook and crook
TapanKumar

Sep 29, 2015

Technical issue not sorted out in last 15 Days

My videocon D2H customer ID is 4059217.

Due to technical issue with the satellite DVD i am not able to view my TV programme, So i made a complaint to customer care on 16.09.2015 , till date it has not been sorted out. For sorting out the issue i have been following up with customer care people on daily basis. In this regard i would like to say that i have spent approximately RS 225 in telephone bill

My question is why should i follow up with the customer care people on daily basis ?? why their engineer is not coming to sort out the issue??

What about the compensation for last 14 days period for which i have not used the services of videocon D2h and what about the telephone bill which i have spent.
Datta Halankar

Sep 9, 2015

Pre-orderdisconnection of Videocon d2h service before due date.

My customer ID is 96948885. I had recharged for half yearly with you and My customer ID is 96948885 and you were supposed to give fourteen days extra but you stopped signals before even complitions of six months.  When enquired I have been told that I had started daily recording system and told me that message was send to me. But it is not so. As I never asked to start any additional services nor received any message. There is no any information about what action had been taken on my Complaint.with My customer ID is 96948885. I had recharged for half yearly and with you were supposed to give fourteen days extra but you stopped signals before even complitions of six months.  When enquired I have been told that I had started daily recording system and told me that message was send to me. But it is not so. As I never asked to start any additional services nor received any message. There is no any information about what action had been taken on my Complaint.ith you were supposed to give fourteen days extra but you stopped signals before even complitions of six months.  When enquired I have been told that I had started daily recording system and told me that message was send to me. But it is not so. As I never asked to start any additional services nor received any message. There is no any information about what action had been taken on my Complaint.
Puneet Gupta

Jul 6, 2015

v D2h doesnot believe in providing service

This is the most pathetic product that we have got. We have raised complaint on 27th June for V D2h but they are yet to resolve the problem.

I have lost count of the number of calls that i have made to their customer care and Nodel office but they don't seem to care. The only response that i get is that we will resolve the issues in 24 hours but nothing happens.

They are really amking fool of thier customers. you idiots either resolve the issue or else i will go to consumer court.

My customer id is 12631940
Anil00005

Jul 4, 2015

Worst Service

One of the worst customer service I ever faced. I am calling them from last 4 days and every time they register new complain number. complain number I have received in 4 days are : 34177449, 310653758, 310877499, 310923617 and their all time answer will be "Sir hame aapki asuvidha ke liye khed hai, engineer aap ke ghar 8 ghante main aa jayega" I really dont understand whether these guys don't know how to see watch or me. We know now a days no one buy any other product of Videocon, their bread and butter is on Videocon D2H only soon they will loose this also. One major joke from one of the customer service she said "sir bahut aandhi and pate gir rahe hai isliye problem aa rahi hai." I dont know from which state she was but I know their were no such thing in Mumbai.
Himanshu.tini

Jul 1, 2015

Wrong deduction of service charges from my d2h account

I registered a request for relocation of my videocon d2h on 16th June,2015. Charges informed by the customer care was Rs300/-. Their technician uninstalled it on the same day and charged 300Rs and assured me that the engineer who will come for re-installation will not charge you any thing. He didn't provided any receipt for it. On 18th June, their engineer visited my new place and installed the product. To my surprise, he asked me to pay Rs300 for it. I told him that I have already paid the amount earlier but he insisted me to pay it because he was asked by his agency to take the money and if I will not pay him the amount, company will deduct it from my d2h balance account. I called customer care, CC executive confirmed me that they have recd 300Rs and reflecting in their system and so you need not to pay anything to the engineer. The CC executive spoke to him as well and asked him not to charge anything. The engineer left without taking the money. When I switched ON my TV after 2-3 days, it was showing an error msg E16-4 which is for insufficient balance. I called CC on 25th June( work order no. 33926910) and asked them the reason. They registered my complaint and said that engineer will visit your place to sort it out. Engineer turned up after 3 days and that too after reminding the CC (complaint no. 309488791). He came, checked everything and told that there is no technical issue but because you have not paid the relocation charges, company has stopped your services. It was shocking for me that despite of making the payment, such irrational thing happened. Anyways, Customer support assured me that my services will get resumed in 24 hours. But nothing happened next day and I again called CC on 29th June and again got a false commitment with a new complaint no. 309844780. Nothing happened next day and I was feeling so helpless but no other option except calling the CC again. After long discussion, I got a new complaint no. 309929870 and an assurance of resolution of my problem within 8 working hours. Today is 1st July and still my issue is still unattended. Above all the inconvenience I am facing, the worst part is that these CC executives deliberately disconnects the call as they very well know that the customer can not reach them again in their lifetime and customer has no other option/platform to escalate his matter. It is really so frustrating that customer can not do anything against this company except getting apart from their services permanently and after doing this, consumer is again in loss as he has to go for a new d2h operator and again has to pay for new connection formalities. I SUGGEST ALL THE NEW CONSUMERS WHO ARE LOOKING FOR D2H SERVICES THAT PLEASE DON'T GO FOR VIDEOCON D2H.

Customer ID - 54365701
Sameer Panchal

May 2, 2015

setup box id no- 79279632

Just wanted to inform you that my setup box problem solved. I AM Thankful to Mr Amit Datte Who came Personally with Mr Vijay & getting work done. .also Thankful Mr.Rishabh who was informing day to day update & also Mr. Bipin co- ordinator.
Sameer Panchal

Apr 22, 2015

Registration. .& not getting services

Sir, I have purchased Led 3d tv from croma..
It's D D B tv in built setup box my set up box I'd number - 79279632 .according to videocon d2h this I'd register in the name of croma...since I have purchased tv from 29/1/13..never used d2h now want to go for it they are not solving my problem since 3 day I am having talk with their supervisor Mr.Sahjad. .Mr.Rishabh..Ms.Us -mah. 1st said you have to pay 675 for antina plus cable 12 meters. .Which Croma sapposed to gave..not given by them...etc. ....2nd said pay 990/ ... you will get 2 years free or what offer is going according. ..etc..3rd said she will look into matter...
Sir please look into matter & do the needful. Thanks.
nimish pancholi

Mar 8, 2015

Cheating-Dominance Visit Charge

This is so much distrust and irresponsibility from your end... I guess you need to train your staff properly please understand facts here,

---we never wanted recorder, your sales staff called again and again to make us try it we paid Rs100 as activation charge, why didnt they check first which type of box is installed here, now when this stuff didnot work we again paid Rs150/- and faced a series of calls full of mind stress, spoiling a complete morning of sunday, finally paying your company via net banking....

Trust me I will post this every single place on the internet and ofcourse never recommend your BOX to anybody !

Customer details- Mr.Mukesh Pancholi, D2H-ID-83269729.

It is indeed a very painful moment to write this email which describes a very unfortunate incident after which we lost all the faith of Videocon D2H.
I sincerely request you to read the full message as we are a loyal customer of your company.

Over the past few months we have many times received calls regarding the "Recording Facility" to which I always ignored the same, finally last month upon too much pushing from your sales person I finally agreed to activate the same, they told me you will require a PEN Drive and your box is ready to use, for many days we didn't ever bother using that function but in last week upon my kids request I started to use the facility to which we found once recording is started the Box does not allow us to change the channel, now how can one watch other channel in this case, hence we called up your customer service centre.

The lady over the phone told me it to be a user mistake, and the box should very easily recording as well as allowing us to watch other channels, We also wanted a new remote since old ones on/off key is not working, the lady very politely asked me to pay Rs 150 as service charges plus remote control charged extra, I requested her that if my problem of recording is solved I will happily pay the Rs150/- service charge but it would be unethical to pay this amount just for the visit of your person.
Now the lady told me IF I BUY THE REMOTE I WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY 150.

Now the service person comes to my house he examines the Set-Top-Box and tells this is a old model and it wont do both the functions or recording and watching other channel at the same time.
our first problem is solved, I wont argue but this same could be told by your customer care person also.

Secondly my father asks for remote which we ordered to which he gives a remote which--
-- definitely does not look new
-- no box packing
-- the plastic bag in which it was kept was very dirty
-- your person himself told its NOT NEW PC

upon this conversation my father told to bring New remote and than will pay charges for same.

The visiting guy started arguing for Rs150/- so we told that your customer care representative has told me to pay only for remote, you bring a new pc and we will buy the same.Your person says nothing more and leaves the place.

Today 8-March being a sunday whole family was together to watch tv, and like a worst dream the Set top box is not working with a message Insufficient Balance.

Now upon calling the customer care we come to know that our account is suspended,
--- we want to know how can you suspend our account without even informing us ?
--- we want to know how can you trust the service guy so much that you didnot even bother to cross check if he is telling the truth or not ?
--- How can you allow one of your person to sell second hand used remotes and charge us the MRP

thanks

Nimish Pancholi
9820680932
Pinal Lad

Feb 23, 2015

Call from Vd2h

My customer ID is 47367932

What is the procedure for stop phone calls from Vd2h regarding recharge.

I don't want to recharged and it is my personal matter why your customer care executive asking to many question after i told them the reasons.

Pinal Lad
jagtar112

Jan 16, 2015

not voice

My d2h some chanel voice not work
Bavan88

Jun 7, 2014

Add English Entertainment

Im currently using South Silver Sports, please add English entertainment Add on to my current package, customer ID 20349939, Name Bavan Kumar
sonam9911

Jun 1, 2014

problem solved

Technician visited.. Thank u videocon
sonam9911

Jun 1, 2014

no signal available

I bought videocon d2h service 2 days back... At time wen i called to get the connection dey attended my an call and infact gave me a call back and provided installation within 12 hours... But after two days it started giving no signal available message... I called dem up n dey gave me complaint number 228331041... After dat day i kept trying to contact dem with my registered number and no one picked up d phn... And when i tried with other number dey responded with same reply technician will visit .. Now 3rd day n no response....
anandhianand1984

Apr 9, 2014

Signal not available

This is regarding Videocon D2H Device having customer id 26358213 that it is not getting signal and we are not able to watch Tv Shows. Earlier 3 days back there was a complaint registered and an Engineer had visited and fixed the issue. But later just after 2 days the problem started again "Signal Not Available". Now I tried Customer Care 07355873558 several time and wasted money for calling. There is no human being to answer the call. I am literly fed up of calling again again. Videocon D2H service provider please solve my issue otherwise I will through that device from my home.
Videocon_d2h

Oct 25, 2013

Videocon d2h

Dear Nish,

Please note the following:
1. Necessary price protection benefit of Rs. 170.22 is posted in your account on October 24, 2013 and post that recharge made by you of Rs. 200 is also posted. Current due date for your account is November 28, 2013.
2. The relocation request was placed by you on September 12, 2013 and same was closed successfully on the same day (September 12, 2013).
3. Regarding refer a friend benefit, we have not received any SMS from your end and hence no such benefit is provided to you.
Please feel free to contact us in future.

Warm Regard,
Videocon d2h Team
Videocon_d2h

Oct 24, 2013

Videocon d2h

Dear Nish,

We have forwarded your issue to our concerned department and will get it resolved at the earliest.

Videocon d2h Team
Nish5587

Oct 23, 2013

Unauthorized deduction of prepaid amount

Videocon is a fraud company in line of old Kuber group and nowadays Saradha group. The promoters are traitors and need to be put behind bars. These f****rs have been moving huge amounts of money out of company in tax havens and have taken part in 3G scam by investing local money through FDI route. Shame on such corrupt companies.

1.) I had purchased Videcon D2H on 11th Nov 2012 in one year package (paid INR 3604/- lumpsum). However the company disconnected after 9.5 months only. Now they are saying that I had not paid for full one year. How is it possible when they were giving set top box and antenna with one year plan only. 2.) In addition, I had referred Videocon to one of my friend and he had taken connection for 4 TVs in his guest house. However, company did not pay referral fees for even one connection. 3.) There had been a change in residence also where we kept on calling company's technician but, he did not turn up and there was a delay of 1 month in installation. However I paid INR 400 (150 + 250) for de-installation and re-installation which ultimately proved to be of little value 4.) Whenever calling customer care, Videocon's strategy is to disconnect the call every time. 5.) Videocon raised plan charges by huge amount from 1st Januray 2013. So, whoever will recharge now will have a big hole in pocket. Hey friends do not take Videocon and better try Tatasky and you will not get cheated big time. My videocon ID is 42798007698 and mobile number +91 - 9645005357

Nexa maruti baleno zeta petrol - Was tortured, harassed and sold a defective car
    Auto Driver complain - Criminal attack by auto driver
    I took rickshaw from Dahisar-NL Junction to Borivali...
    Garena free fire - Bug
    Please fix AWM no reload trick. After making a fire from...
    LG Electronics - LG Fridge Failure. Model GL 368YSQ4/ 2012
    We have purchased a LG Fridge of model … in the year...
    Nexa - Advice me what to do next
    Maruti nexa - Harassed and tortured a lot
    Garbage - Garbage dumping
    Respected sir/madam, Sub:Garbage dumps Back of our House...
    B.S.N.L. NASIK MAHARASHTRA - Land line not working
    My landline & internet is not working. 02532316985
    Y-Axis Overseas - No refund
    Dear Sir / Madam I was given them 1.2 lakh for Canada PR...
    HDFC Fastag - Transaction dispute
    Hi... My customer ID is 180000191862... Yesterday I was...