Vodafone India

Consumer complaints and reviews about Vodafone India

amitlntts

Feb 9, 2019

Disastrous and painful customer service

I am a postpaid customer for last 9 yrs. Had requested for consolidated bill payment statement for FY 18-19 for Tax submission purpose. Even after 8 working days, the request is not closed. Multiple follow ups with Vodafone customer care was done, have written multiple mails but no resolution yet. I am being asked to re-raise the request and wait for another 8 days. With this kind of service level, I am compelled to look out for other options. There is no proper escalation matrix for customer complaint resolution. Horrible service level.
Chirag1185

Oct 13, 2018

4g Network & Call Drop issues at my residence

I am Chirag Madnani,

Vodafone cell no 7021545950

Please be advised that I am raising Vodafone Network issues since June 2018, but till date i have not received any resolution from your end. On 9th October Vodafone Executive name Mr. Ajit visited my residence to check Network connectivity issue and he took some screenshot and provided to the back end team and told us that we will receive a call within 48 hours, its been 5 days now i have not receive any calls but today in the morning i received an SMS stating my complaint has been resolved.
Every time the Vodafone executive calls and says the same thing that we are looking into it, but still the issue persist.

Attaching screenshot of VODAFONE WORST NETWORK.

Please take some action against Vodafone as Vodafone is fooling the customers by providing WORST NETWORK & CUSTOMER SERVICE.

4g Network & Call Drop issues at my residence

Ganesh karnewar

Mar 21, 2017

Value added services

Myself Ganesh Karnewar. Just now (22-3-2017) I got this message from Vodafone Hello! Video Cube pack is now active on your number, as requested.This service is valid till 24-03-2017 and a 2 days rental of Rs.10 has been deducted.Your current Balance post service activation is Rs.6.64.To deactivate SMS STOP to or call 155223(toll free).I cant activate this service. <br>
Sir, I have not at all requested for this service. Why such type of cheating u people r doing.Please refund my Rs10/- immediately.<br>
Ganesh Karnewar wrong deduction<br>
<br>
My mobile no. is 9158567067. I did not make any request for any value added services. This is the Third time that an amount of ₹10 has been deducted from my main balance. Please refund the money or else i will be taking this case to the consumer court. Useless video cube service deactivation<br>
<br>
My contact no is 9158567067.....I want my 10 rupees deducted from my account due to useless video cube services which got automatically enabled.Its a 3 rd time deducted my money .I m disappointed in Vodafone illegal unnecessary services. I want my 10 rupees reimbursed asap.<br>
pramoddd

Aug 18, 2016

cheating for postpaid user

I am vodapfone postpaid customer. i never missed any payment and never kept any bill payment due. since I got fed up with postpaid bills, I wanted to convert my number to prepaid. So i went to voda gallery near Malhar movie theater, thane (W). Then the gallery boy asked me as why I wanted to go for prepaid, I said because of the excess bills which I am getting every month. Then he offered me one plan which is about 299 per month. But i am insisted for prepaid connection. then boy not cooperated and denied to convert in prepaid connection. when he asked for document I showed e-aadhar, but gallery boy rejected request saying invalidate document. Then I approched to his senior, but he also rejected my request. The gallery guy was so rude and not serving the customers properly.I am Gov servent in Mantralaya and wasted My 2 working days for my prepaid request.This is a very horrible experience which I was faced with Vodafone.

cheating for postpaid user

jadhavgi

Jul 24, 2016

Refund charges|Deactivate BBM Plan 399|Employee miss behave

Hello Sir,

This is Giriraj Jadhav i am Vodafone postpaid subscriber with no- 9221945875,
i am using this number from Past 4+ years currently. further i am writing this to address 3 three issues.

Requested to Deactivate below two plans on the same day more then six months back for correct date need more time.
Unlimited Internet 650 per month (Plan got deactivated successfully).
BBM Plan 399 (Plan is still active till date.)

****Deactivate BBM Plan 399****
Today 24-07-2016 i visited Vodafone store opp kalyan station for Deactivate BBM Plan 399.
I have been requesting this for multiple time at multiple stores.
Request number log today's is 211712022.
every time they provide fake request number and says there might be delay in receiving sms.
i request written confirmation ad it was not provided, since i did not received request number on my phone.

****Refund of BBM Plan charge 399 every month*****
Since Deactivate of BBM Plan 399 was request earlier also. Executive logged a complain and informed me its done.
this time also i did not received request number on my phone.
when i requested written confirmation for both the issues. they informed me it cannot be provided.
On insisting to provide written confirmtion the executive AJAJ required other executive and then the other executive logged the complain again for deactivating the BB Plan.
this time i received the SMS with request number. Request number was provided 211712878. (no idea since the ticket did not mention any detail in sms)
Inform they cannot provide any detail apart from number. which might be fake and said do what ever you want. we cant help.

****Employee miss behave - AJAJ Shaik @ Vodafone store opp kalyan station.****
The Executive AJAJ was rude on asking question and was not helpful for providing details.
My issue was not noted and not received SMS with detail. i requested written confirmation from the executive.
Since the executive was not ready to helpful and when asked of manger he said go home come tomorrow in rude tone.
My temper went high and i ask him one more time, should i keep visiting the store multiple times for getting my issue resolved
He replied yes and do what ever you want and said system has been closed go ahead and log a complain against me or go complain to any one.
when ask for email address i was provide email address on paper "[email protected]"

Giriraj Jadhav
9221945985
sandip5929

Jun 6, 2016

Extra data not credited

I recharge a net pack of 297 on 06 june 2016, Which has a extra data of 512mb. I got 1 gb on recharge but not got the extra data.
Plz credit my extra data

Sandip

nairravi12

Jan 8, 2016

Data plan activation without my confirmation

This is regarding complaint on Vodafone India for activating data plan(MI_CAP_650_30d_R_PROMO_3G) on my vodafone no 9819443148 without even informing me. Due to this I am getting monthly bills of more than 1000 for the past 4 months as the rental for the activated plan is 650 per month. When I spoke to the customer care to cancel the plan they gave me sms format to be sent to 199 which never worked. I am fed up as I have to unnecessarily pay for the inflated bills each time. Please take strict action against the company else this will continue.

Ravi
9819443148
Goutami Maitra

Oct 9, 2015

NON-FUNCTIONING OF VODAFONE SIM NO 8335804228; ICCID 89913015023227304146; IMSI :4043002322730414

Dear Sir/Madam, (Kind Attn. Ms. Pallavi Chatterjee,Appellate Officer, (Reg.No. 1347109548); and Shri Pravash Jana (Reg.No. 1347496470) I purchased the subject Vodafone from one of your outlet at GolPark Kolkata(Mob.No. : 9830232101 ). The same after activation from your Call Center( No. 117 ) remained active for 15/20 days.The SIM suddenly became 'INACTIVE'. Since I suddenly fell sick and got hospitalised I could not do 'first rechargin' immediately. I did the same on 01-10-2015. The SIM 'all on a sudden' became 'ACTIVE' and remained same for 03/04 days. It again got 'INACTIVE' and remained same till date. As advised by Smt. Pallavi Chatterjee,Appellate Officer, in my Mob.No. 9748521660 at 17-35 yesterday(08-10-2015), the handset was switched 'off', the SIM, in question, was taken out, re-inserted. On switching 'ON' the handset, no change was noticed, i.e., the handset remained 'operative' with only other SIM(bearing no.8583969398). of another service provider. I do not know, if any corrective action will be taken at your end and my Vodafone SIM No.8335804228 will be 'ACTIVE' or not, but I must admit that my earnest desire to change my other six/seven SIMs used in my family, from other service providers, to VODAFONE SIMs, to get better 'SERVICE' will not be fulfilled, because of this 'UNFORGETTABLE' as well as 'HARROWING' experience Thanking you, as usual, Goutami Maitra e-mail ID : [email protected] ADD. : Flat E II A 2nd Floor, SWARNABITHI Majumdarpara, Nr.Dhalai Bridge. (Badyapada, Rajpur, Sonarpur, S.24Pgs), Kolkata-700084
DJ Sawant

Jan 5, 2015

unautorised charges

My mob Number is 9819379108, vodafone user, in December 2014 bill Charged for "d2c ndtv value pk_9".. i had not subscribed any such value added pack.. i want refund from Vodafone.
Amisha Vikram Bhanushali

Dec 23, 2014

FALSE SERVICE,FALSE BILLS,FALSE PROMISES EVERYTHING FALS=VODAFONE INDIA

VODAFONE, KINDLY SHUT DOWN YOUR WASTE OR ATLEAST YOUR CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE. I HAVE PORTED MY RELIANCE NO INTO VODAFONE 4 MONTHS BACK AND SINCE THE 1ST BILL I AM COMPLAINING FOR THE SAME THING REPEATEDLY I.E WHY THE HELL YOU CHARGING ME FOR DATA WHEN MY PACK IS ON. I GOT 4200/- BILL ON THE GOOD DAY OF HINDUS I.E DIWALI AND U LIKE ALWAYS SPOILED THE MOOD. FINALLY AFTER SHOOTING THE BLOOD PRESSURE UP EVERY MONTH I GOT MY REVERSALS BUT LAST MONTH AGAIN.. CAN U IMAGINE.. AGAIN... I CALLED UP YOUR CC NO AND AFETR TALKING TO HIM FOR 20MINS I GOT A PROMISE WITH COMPLAIN NO 1633404278, AND EXECUTIVES NAME AS VIGHNESH THAT I SHOULD PAY MY BILL FOR LAST MONTH AND I WILL GET MY REFUND AS DISCOUNT IN THE CURRENT MONTHS BILL. I RECIEVED MY BILL TODAY AND AS EXPECTED .. NO DISCOUNT.. AGAIN I CALLED UP UR CC NO.. AND I GOT A NUDE REPLY THAT SORRY..NO DISCOUNT WILL BE GIVEN... SO NOW..I HAVE 6 VODAFONE NOS...AND I AM GONNA PORT THEM ALL... BUT PLEASE DONT TOTRTURE PEOPLE.. AND ALTEAST INTERVIEW YOUR CUSTOMER CARE EXECUTIVE PROPERLY. GOOD BYE.
Sujith Nair

May 27, 2014

Balance deducted without the consent of activating any plan

My mobile No-8551025672. I had done a recharge of 149 INR with full talktime. After one day the balance amount has been reduced to 22 INR. On consultation with the customer care representative, came to know that a special local call minutes plan has been Activated due to which the amount has reduced. This plan has been activated without getting the consent from me. Such kind of unethical activities has been carried out in the past. Request the Vodafone company to please credit my pre-paid account as before. Hope you will do the needful.

May 28, 2013

Wrong SIM card delivered and no help from help center

this is the copy of the complaint submited by me on vodafone page.

My SIM number is (899120001530423937 7HLR6). The number that was allocated to me was 9920614825. It is still in inactive condition. I had called repeatedly on 111 and 117 to sort out this problem. They said it will get activated after 2hr every time I called. Since it was inactive till today evening hence to check I visited Mira road east vodafone ministore. There your person told me to submit all the documents once again because my SIM number is incorrect. I seriously doubt your systems. You cannot check this simple documents from your system at vodafone store. Also while issuing SIM card how should customer check SIM card number. Just before writing this note I called 111 to cancel my number and deactivate it. your person told me that my billing has not started. To confirm this I call my postpaid number ( 9920641825 ) from my another number and to my surprise it was ringing and a lady answered. I seriously doubt your systems and in future I am not coming back to vodafone again. Please help me in deactivating my phone number ( 9920641825 ). This can be serious threat as my SIM can be used by someone to do illegal activities.

My name is Gauresh Naik, and my prepaid number is 9765394855, which is also vodafone. I had called 111 to help me to convert my prepaid number to postpaid number but your call center guy said it would be better if you take postpaid connection. So, i agrred to take this connection. Your person from systematic knowledge services pvt limited collected my documents and handed over this post paid sim card. this persons name is nagesh sawant. I am in deep trouble and i don't want to visit vodafone store again. I sincerely believe that vodafone has not understood the meaning of "Happy to Help".

Dec 21, 2012

Incorrect Plan Info. on official site

Hello Akif,

Please share your current and alternate contact numbers with us at http://bit.ly/R8hOXA and we will have someone get back to you with assistance.

Vodafone Customer Care.

May 2, 2012

Exorbitant Phone bill due to internet usage.

Hello Freeda Dsouza,

We would like to inform you that Vodafone Live and Vodafone Mobile Connect are core services. Please note that most handsets have inbuilt settings for both the services and while surfing and downloading, you will have the option to choose between the services. You will be billed depending on the service selected by you to browse/download.

We wish to inform you that the VF Live Unlimited @ Rs.99 service is active on the mentioned Vodafone mobile number, effective 21/04/11. However, while accessing internet on your mobile phone, the access point used by you was www. Hence, you were charged for Vodafone Mobile Connect. Therefore, we are unable to reverse any Vodafone Mobile Connect Usage charges towards your bill dated 25/07/11.

Please select the access point for GPRS as “Hutch_GPRS/ Vodafone_GPRS” on your handset to avoid any further charges.

Vodafone Customer Care

Jan 3, 2012

ads befor caller tune

Hello Vikramjames,

Thanks for writing to us. Please share an alternate contact number here http://bit.ly/hzNUch for us to help you better. You may write to us at [email protected] Happy to help!

Kind Regards,
Vodafone Customer Care, Mumbai

Apr 27, 2011

I am trying to get throug the IVR of Vodafone customer Care

Hello Ameyaghosalkar,

We see that you have faced an inconvenience with one of our services / products. We would like to get in touch with you on this. Please share your details at http://bit.ly/dTQhlJ and we'd be happy to help.

Vodafone Customer Care

Dec 20, 2012

Incorrect Plan Info. on official site

I searched for the 3G Data plans on www.vodafone.in and found 103 Rs. Mobile 3G Internet Plan which gives 300 MB 3G data.

However, when I recharged my account with 103 Rs., it was treated as a normal recharge and I didn't receive any Internet package and I already had enough balance in my account. My transaction ID is MU0029467076.

You can find the 3G Plan details on thir link: http://www.vodafone.in/3gworld/pages/tariff_plans.aspx?cid=kol

Please help me.

Apr 30, 2012

Exorbitant Phone bill due to internet usage.

I had logged in a complain to Vodafone India for my mobile number 9819991181 for an exorbitant bill which is come to me amounting Rs.10700/- for a period of one month. The internet usage shows 854930kb amounting to Rs. 8549.30/- where as i have an unlimited Internet plan active on my phone. After checking with the vodafone team they mentioned the billed amount is for Mobile Connect (which is again an internet plan on phone) and its different from Vodafone Live (I dont seem to understand what is the difference since in a layman's language i have used internet on my phone).

Earlier i had logged a complaint to Vodafone to discontinue Mobile Connect on my phone since Vodafone live and Mobile Connect as per me is the same and the feature is to provide internet facility on the phone. While i had complaint a year back to discontinue one of the services since i had 2 plans active for a single feature they did not discontinue it and i was charged for a period of One year. When asked for a reversal they said it would not be possible since they did not have a permission from me to discontinue the plan (Also they have no permission from me to activate the plan).
While after a back and forth of complaints i documented that i want Mobile Connect to be discontinued no one informed me that it was different from Vodafone Line. After disconnecting the plan i received a bill for this amount.

I dont seem to understand the difference between both these plans since the primary objective is to provide internet on phone while Mobile connect give internet access on laptop (Which i have never used till date).

Interestingly i own an alternate number of Vodafone where i have the Vodafone Live plan active and i dont get charged for mobile connect so i dont see a reason why an postpaid customer should be charged for this. I am sure the plans are the same for any postpaid or prepaid customer.

I request you kindly take strict action toagainst this mobile service provider (Vodafone) since it is cheating a lay man on pretext of complicated internet plans.

Please feel free to contact

Jan 1, 2012

ads befor caller tune

yesterday i activated caller-tune service on my prepaid phone and when i asked one of friends to call me........i was shocked to listen vodafone's adv or prompt whatever u may call it for good 8-9 seconds......

Unless you are busy or commuting in a crowded place.......u would pick-up the phone in that time frame........
so please deactivate your advertise my no. is 9920988677

Apr 26, 2011

I am trying to get throug the IVR of Vodafone customer Care

My company has sifted to a new site and we still don't have internet acess here . So I decided to start my blackberry for email so I upgraded my plan . I was able to upgrade my plan but my IT guy needs some inputs from them and I am trying to get in touch with these guys. But I am not able to get through the IVR. I am facing a lot of problems in doing my work. I want to lodge a harassment case against Vodafone.