Consumer complaints and reviews about Vodafone

Feb 20, 2018

RE: MOBILE NO:9892064657
I received a message from Vodafone as "RE 1 STORE PACK IS NOW ACTIVE ON YOUR MOBILE NUMBER" and it also says that Rs.99 will be charged in next month's bill. I have not made any such request to Vodafone to activate such plan nor does anybody who uses my phone made such mistake of making such request.
Please give me refund of Rs.99.
Also last month I was charged with excessive usage charges of Rs.910. Please give me refund of Rs.910 too.
Neha Hande
Feb 13, 2018

Unknown VAS charges

I have been charged for 1004 rs. as VAS charges.However I have opted for RED plan of 499.Please solve this issue ASAP.Hoping for convenience.

Unknown VAS charges

Feb 2, 2018

Refund Not Recieved

I recharged my no 9648383459 with rs 509 bonus plan(84GB-84days+ unlimited calls+ 100SMS/day free) in vodafone app, money is deducted from my bank acct but i got message saying it was unsuccessful. Transaction ID from my bank acct is BIL/############/PGMIB-/VODAESP_LICI586..

Please refund the money or activate that plan

Vodafone Customer Care Number
Jan 17, 2018

Vulgur talk

Vulgur messages
Jan 11, 2018

Caller Tune Not Activated

I have requested to activate caller tune on my vodafone no 8879870958 for which the charges were deducted from my plan.
However the activation is still to be done. I have already raised a request/complain however no response from the vodafone team.
Pathetic service.
Jan 2, 2018

cannot migrate from postpaid to prepaid

Application for the migration from postpaid to prepaid with all required documents for the number 9224378347 was given on 20th Dec.2017 at the vodafone store opp. Navjivan Society, Lamington Road, Mumbai-400007..the name of the Vodafone representative at the store who took all the documents and 15 days advance payment was Mr. Smit...but till date no action has been taken..on visiting the store again on 1st Dec. 2018...I was informed that it will take few more days..why no action is taken till 2nd Jan 2018...if it only takes 48 hrs to migrate from postpaid to prepaid
Dec 26, 2017

Excess bill

My GSM No : 9867198392 I have vodafone connection with post paid plan 499. It was change from 499 to 59 16th Dec 2017.
now I got bill 5463.95. which was for data usage.
this loot from telecom company specially from vodapfone. I was chassing with network issue and call drop issue from last 4 month.
I complained on wrong billing and poor network services. Till now no solution and compaint was unresolve.

This is to bring to light the tricky business traps of vodafone.I have been using vodafone postpaid for years an on and off been subject to sudden high usage bills on sudden months.
I have been tolerant enough to pay the bills as also the number had other conveniences like calling other in the network for free,certain amount of internet downloads free(supposedly) etc.
This was until I realised one month when they charged me a sudden hefty Rs5463.95 for internet usage.MY earlier high usages usually got unto rs.700 and if that is what the pattern was and if by rules the download is till 10 GB,
Norammly it was capping of 500 Mb. post cross this unlimited with 2G speed. so I could not understand how they charge 900 MB @4G speed.
vodafone should have stopped the connection at and after 500 mb usage or at least by business ethics and principles send me a warning.
If not so,at least the billing credit amount should not have exceeded rs 1000 and i should have been restricted usage unless the credit amount to my internet billing account has been paid.
it is only at the end of month that i suddenly get a bill of Rs5463.95 which is a mere unethical business trick to fool customers and trap them in.
I am subject to the cheapness of a supposedly multi millionaire combat...wonder if this is how they make money...if they get away with on...
they'll get away with this again and again.And the sufferers will be the innocent poor victimised customers who to avoid their harassment succumbs
to such unethical and intentional cheap business tricks of these companies

Excess bill

Amit mhatre 47
Dec 17, 2017

Sim not working / sim network

I applied to port from airtel to Airtel vodafone on 13th of dec and today it is 17th November. This is very frustrating as I have visited vodafone gallery several times and they are not just giving execuse, not giving any satisfactory answer.
Applied for 9773900388
Current no. 9004900388
Email id mhatre1987@gmail.com
Nitin Sawant
Dec 16, 2017

Fraudulent value added service charges on mobile
Everyday vodafone is activating some or the other value added service on my mobile without my concent. I'm finding no way to deactivate them. Even after calling them. I'm finding no solution. I lost 1000rs bcoz of this issue from last 1 month, i want solution on this.

Mobile number: 9870491410

Dec 15, 2017

No feedback

Dear Mam/Sir

I have been regularly trying to send emails, trying to call helpline numbers, several times been to Vodafone gallery, but I am not being addressed. I have followed all the instructions and tried to justify all the required details which was asked to me but seems that Vodafone executives are not willing to help.

Dec 6, 2017

call dropping

Despite putting a complaint mail to Vodaphone providers the regarding call dropping no action is taken.What am I supposed to do?Change the mobile network?

Saurabh Punamiya
Nov 16, 2017

Vodafone number 9930590540

Alleged charges Are on international roaming

Client credit limit 800rs

Vodafone claims credit limit not applicable to international roaming

However i was not informed about the same and vodafone has not sent messages regarding such information. Vodafone even went to the extent of reversing bill amount to 10000 accepting the error of not communicating and i have that on record.

It also says the information regarding roaming charges come over a period so they cant track the number while usage is done.

However vodafone admits that they shut my number 3 hours after the so called falsely claimed usage happened and i have evidence regarding the same thereby proving vodafone gets information to track credit limit as well.

I also have a 3 year clean record of paying bills 10 days in advance of due date.
Our family uses 28 numbers from vodafone and vodafone can run a background check regarding the same. The notice defames my credit standing and the allegations are baseless. My offer to payment of bill remains at paying 800rs as my credit limit permits on monthly basis
Nov 4, 2017

International Roaming Fraud

I bought Vodafone’s international roaming package for my travel to the United States in the month of August 2017 for Rs. 5,000. I continued to use this international roaming service until the beginning of September after which I requested Vodafone to deactivate the international roaming. Around Sept 11, I received an official confirmation message from Vodafone saying that my international roaming package has been deactivated. In the meanwhile, I paid the bill on my phone amounting to roughly Rs.7000+ by the due date. I did not verify the charges, as I still believed in the fairness of the service provider. However, within the next couple of days, I received another message from Vodafone that stated my current bill as roughly Rs.17,000. I was alarmed because I had NOT made any calls using that phone ever since the international roaming got deactivated. If I had used the Internet in the interim, I ensured that I had connected it to my local WiFi--mobile data was disabled. Since then, I have received multiple emails from Vodafone indicating my payment is overdue (it has been building interest too) and that the current bill is Rs. 28,102.97.

Worst of all, dealing with Vodafone’s customer service has been the height of my misery. Over the last couple of weeks since this fiasco, I have spoken with several agents over the phone that has all provided me with insufficient and inaccurate information. On Vodafone’s suggestion, I have sent three emails to Vodafone customer care and each time I received different answers from 3 different agents – an action that is indicative of the lack of consistency in their understanding of the bill, and the fact that the charges have no solid foundation. As if the outrageous bill wasn’t enough of a nightmare, it has been practically impossible to reach a “senior executive” who apparently is the only person authorized/trained enough to help me resolve this dreaded situation. Every time I call Vodafone customer service, I am assured that I will receive a call from a “senior executive,” but that elusive call never comes. And of course, they have skillfully blocked my outgoing calls. I am more than shocked to see that a fairly reputed service provider (or so I thought until now) could be so unethical and unprofessional in dealing with their loyal customers. This harassment has cost me my precious time, energy and peace of mind. Needless to say, I will switch to a different provider because that’s the logical thing to do for anyone with an iota of sanity. In fact, I will make it my life’s mission to ensure that my friends and family members too never enter into any business with this service provider.

Upon posting this on social media like Facebook and Twitter, a person who identified himself as social media officer Harsh Vora called me. He is arguably the rudest agent I have spoken with. He had a very cold tone and was not even willing to help me out--gave false information as well. Today again he called up, and in the same rude manner said,'You have to PAY'.
This is certainly not the behaviour I have expected from Vodafone. However, my friends from India have experienced similar situations from you guys, and even my UK friends complained about the same. I have already submitted an application for deactivation.
Nov 3, 2017

Fake Bank Calls

From mobile number 7808543394, I have received three times fake call regarding Aadhar Updation and he has not disclosed the Bank Name but asked to provide all Banks Debit Card Numbers and Aadhar Number. I have denied to provide the details as my all accounts were linked with Aadhar and with his voice I felt that it is fake.

I have also cross verified his number from Truecaller app and found this caller as fake. I request to please take strict actions against him so that they can not do fraud with anyone.

Dinesh Gupta
Oct 27, 2017

Vodafone Online recharge Failed

I recharge my Vodafone No 9167605006 on 23.10.2017 my transaction no is ONR################ the amount was deducted from my account but my recharge was not done.
Oct 25, 2017

Charging for data while have datapack activated

I have my datapack of 650MB and the data usage in bill was just 431MB. And still they are charging 1700Rs. As per the service center they are saying u have used more that the datapack but my itemised bill back clearly says that they are lying and they are saying they have charged those extra MBs @ rate of 0.50 paise/MB. SO are they so dumb cant check the actual calculation atleast.

Either the CCE are not fit to work or dont understand the issue. While speaking with them i have to explain the issue several times. The situation is same for last two wks and over that for last 4 days they have stopped my outgoing.
Oct 21, 2017

I have got verbally ABUSED at below Vodafone gallery when I went there for linking my Aadhar card.

Shop 9, Surabhi Enterprises, Brindaban, Mahakali Caves Road, Poonam Nagar, Andheri (East), Mumbai -400093
Contact Person: Sameer

I went there since I got assurance from Vodafone Nodal officer that the request will be served properly but shocked to see such behavior at Vodafone store.

Now I have no option left but to port my number to some subscriber who treats their customer with some respect & atleast don't abuse them.

So I wanted the claim the full refund of my Vodafone number which is around 200 since I am not porting myself but being forced due to lack of service.
Rekesh Shah
Oct 19, 2017

vodafone internation internet charges

i am using vodafone since last 12 years, and using my vodafone during my international visit but i have never used mobile internet before, but during my last month visit , due to certain urgent reason i used mobile internet just for one min , sent 4/5 messages on whats app to my wife , and for that i got a bill of 7600 rs, from vodafone, which shows my internet usage 10 mb, which is not acceptable at all, i made many compliants to the relevent officer and also to voadone gallary but they are so rigid, and arrogent in behaviour and not interested to explain my bills , if for just 4/5 messages, i have to pay 7600 rs then this a big cheating issues, if i use mobile call which is 140 rs outgoing for one min, n intenet 1 min is 7600 rs, which is not at all justify, now a days mobile company like vodafone, which gives really poor services for calls and 3g/4g services, are not interested in improving their services but when its comes about the charges they are charging like anything, they can not charge such high internet charges from us, also without listening my compliants they stops my mobile services and im facing a hugh business loss , this is redicilious, i will never recommend any one for vodafone and , i will shift to other service provider thats for sure,
Asim Bhageria
Sep 26, 2017

This is to request you to kindly deliver my bills a week before the due date (as hardcopy is mandatory for us for the payment)In bthe current bill, the due date showed 22 Sept 2017 and I received it on 25th September 2017.Please Note.Thank You
Sep 13, 2017

Lost sim

Kindly block my number 8879029374 which has been lost
Sep 12, 2017

450 recharge offer

I ported my sim to vodafone 4G. And as per the new offer FSR I recharged it Rs 450. But I am not getting proper 4G speed as well as network coverage. And when i am using internet and call amount dedicated from my recharged balance of 450 which I got 380 approx.
Please do the needful.
Sep 4, 2017

International billing issue

I am interested to complain against vodafone for cheating customers and billing by fraud means.

The mobile service provider has charged excessively very high on my international roaming data usage. I have been using this number for the last 20 years and travel extensively with my number.

On my recent trip, accidentally my mobile internet download was activated for less than 40 minutes and vodafone has charged approximately inr 27, 000/- only for data usage for 40 mb download. This is a data leakage by accident, the service for international data roam was not requested by me for activation. the total bill amount is rupees 22000.00 plus the applicable taxes which is much over and above my credit limit assigned to my mobile number.

After this I activated international data for 2nd part of my trip but Vodafone deactivated my data due to credit limit being surpassed. This caused me great problem during my travel and I have paid 2000rs just for 4 days.

I have sent screenshots from data usage on my phone which shows I have used none during the trip, while Vodafone shows usage 40mb.

I have requested vodafone to waive-off the charges incurred against international data usage. however vodafone is not helping. i would like to file a case against vodafone for this fraud tricks to charge the customers. kindly assist with necessary details and steps.

I am willing to share additional information if someone can provide some guide
Usha Raikar
Aug 28, 2017

Money taken but recharge not done

On 20 Aug 2017,Saturday from the Vodafone Store, Borivali Mumbai I had ported my sim(from prepaid to prepaid) from Rajasthan number of Vodafone to the Mumbai number of Vodafone for that I had to give money of Rs 450/- to the Vodafone Store employee named Vaibhav (mob number -7045653807) so that he could do the recharge and I could use all the respective services after my new SIM gets activated.

After 4 days i.e on 24th August 2017, Thursday my new SIM got activated. But since then this man Mr Vaibhav has not yet recharged my money and is just giving explanations.

Please help me in this matter.

I am Suramya Vyas
Mob no 9983630669
Akash Faragade
Aug 24, 2017

extra bill

I am a Vodafone customer since last 7 years, 3 months back I opted a
plan for Rs 499 by porting my number from prepaid to postpaid, as per this
Rs 499 I am getting free local calls and 8 GB internet plan +10 GB internet plan for first 3 months. I have availed this plan in mid of May i.e valid up to mid of August, but now the made a bill of Rs 1103, stating that you have used extra internet, but as per billing cycle I was still having 10 GB approx unused data which clearly states I have not used any extra internet data. And if I consider there a scenario that your data cycles is ended on 12th august as per there information, still than new cycle has started 13 on wards which again have 8 GB plan, So i am not supposed to pay any extra charges. I have a very clean customer record and have paid all my previous bills on time but they are simply fooling customers by implementing unauthorized charges and secondly once you try to call there customer care numbers they put call on hold. I need this issue to be resolved as I am not supposed to pay any extra charges other than my plan.

Minal Unadkat
Jul 22, 2017

carelessness vodafone Gallery staff

Vodafone customer complaint.. who so ever authorised..Manager..

I lost my Cell No. ############th July 2017 and requested to Vodafon customer Executive to temporary desconnect my no. to prevent misuse by the theft. My cell fone got descontinnued thereafter.

Next morning dt.21th July 2017 I had submitted my necessary documents in the nearest Vodafone Galary at Kharghar Opposit Hiranandani in order to re-activate the cim. My New Cim card no. is 8991200050017177028 bought from Kharghar Opp. Hirandani.

Since my cell no. is the only source of operating my business I had insisted requested to avtivate this no. as soon as possible. I am told my phone no. will be activated by 4.00 pm. by Vodafone Gallary Kharghar branch Opp. Hiranandany staff.

After several follow up following hours till now that is today dt. 22th July 2017 I did not get this no. activated due to Gallary staff has not put re-activation request at all in their system as per information collected from Vodafone Call center today morning. my complaint no. is 338663298 on this for your reference.

This is so desgusting.. that this cell no. is linked to my Bank account n so on defferent important things are depending on this cell no. and just because Vodafone staff's carelessness customers like me suffering..

Its more than 24 hrs. now and my New Cim is not yet activated.. my Cim card no. is 8991200050017177028 dt. 21st July 2017.

I still request you to activate this no. that is 9324774216 as soon as possible..and take strict action on such careless Vodafone Gallary Staff..

Please revert me as soon as possible..

Your sincere customer..

Kamlesh Unadkat

HDFC Credit Card - Charges deduction without any intimation
    I regret to inform you that I have a credit card of money...
    CBSE - English
    In english in correct and incorrect word please check it...
    electric pole - Electric Pole Shift
    Hi, This complain is about electricity pole...
    NO Network - Mobali network
    Hello sir/Madam I am writing to you to inform about the...
    SSC - register number not received
    Offer - Recharge
    MSG received to me for recharge Jio plan 149/ and get...
    Fake Job Mail - Accenture Overseas India Pvt Ltd ( AOCOS ) Fake
    AOCOS reg abroad job in sony electonics located in...