Vodafone

Consumer complaints and reviews about Vodafone

shalini.dsz

Aug 4, 2014

Customer Service & incorrect billing

Dear Vodafone team

I cannot deny the fact that Vodafone compared to the other networks is at least a little better however you guys have the worst customer service ever experienced. This evening I called on the toll free from my number 9167205651 and spoke to this person called Mahesh who kept me on hold over 20mins practically. I called to know why my bill shows INR1000 . He told me I have an internet pack ie INR600 odd activated. I was like “are you crazy” The handset that I use is Nokia 105 a petite little handset which does not support internet at all. Why on earth will I ask for this internet pack? In fact I would have called and asked to activate it or even send an sms. I have not done any such thing. How can you activate something & then bill me for it. To add to it, the user has kept me on hold saying” I am checking” is this the kind of service you guys offer??? You guys are absolutely pathetic !!! Please be assured this number will definitely be disconnected soon & even my other number. I was kept on hold for precisely 24mins & 2 secs and then the call dropped

Best regards,
Shalini D'souza
Maersk Line India Pvt.Ltd.|12th Floor,Tower A,Urmi Estate|
95 Ganpatrao Kadam Marg|
Lower Parel |Mumbai 400 013|
Telephone:1800 200 3051
Please use your PIN number to reach your care agent
wasim_mum

Jul 25, 2014

Mnp denied

MN PORT DENIED
I have airtel prepaid comnection # 9867378132. I applied for MNP to vodafone postpaid connection on 15th july 2014. Till today 25th july 10 days from the date of application my MNP has been done from Vodafone end. When i approached byculla stores, they said "you have some outstanding from some other account because of which we cannot fulfill your portal". The billing dispute is going on with vodafone for over-charging my bill. They are asking me to pay bill without sending me bill.
1) how can they deny portal over my airtel # ?
2) why should they link or mix-up my portal with other issue ?
3) unless i went to stores, nobody from vodafone informed about the portal status ?
4) very rude staff at byculla stores !!

Kindly help me solving this as i think these people at byculla stores are acting smart and taking me for granted by making their own rules.

I can reach on 9619699920 wasim syed
huzefa kagi

Jul 10, 2014

recharge not done

After completing my payment on PAYTM i do not recharge of Rs106
rehan0786

Jun 28, 2014

TO MANY CALLS

I RECIEVE TO MANY CALL FROM VODAFONE COMPANY FOR PORTABLITY OF MY NUMBER I'M REALY FRUSTETED BECAUSE OF THIS PLEASE HELP ME OUT OF THIS THE NUMBER FROM WHICH THE CALL IS +911402630683
DocAjay

Jun 19, 2014

Bank balance debited thrice for single online recharge

I recharged my number 9167622644 on 5th june through vodafone site with recharge of 147...my phone got recharged....but when I checked my idbi account it showed that 147 was debited thrice on 5th june and my extra money which got debited has not been credited till now on 19th june.....kindly solve the issue else I need to take legal action fpr it
Dr Ajay
Jagdish Bhavani

Jun 13, 2014

Network problem

There have been constant call drops and network congestion.

At Sarvodaya temple, there is no network of Vodafone at all.
Even after several complaints and assurances, service has not improved.
nutty

May 23, 2014

missed calls & vulgar talks

dear sir i requested that a unknown number 9769231251 is distrubing me on mobile he make missed call any time and vulgar talking on phone if u dont resolve my problem then i will go to court against your company and that boy
so kindly request u to warn that boy or remove that connection plz sir do it as soon as possible
yours faithfully
mukesh choudhary
liza.gogoi

May 16, 2014

Cheating , Fraud & Collection threats

I was sold a connection by vodafone DSA in november stating this is a promotion offer with Rs.300 for 5 GB data for 2 months
I asked the agent what will happen after 2 months and he said the number will get disconnected on its own
I applied for the same with my documents
The agent did not give me the mobile number of this card as he said its a data connection and no phone number is alloted to the same
After december i stopped using that card thinking the promotion is over
But i am getting bills for the number 7506298686 and i am unaware about this msisdn at all

Now i got an outstanding order for the same of Rs.1935 adn i came to know that this is the same false data card that was sold to me

Since it is my mistake i paid the entire amount on 14th MAy 2014 and sent the screenshot of the website to the vodafone care email id. This since the website does not have an option to download the payment receipt and i dont have a printer to print it

Today on 16th May i again get a call from the collections team at vodafone and they say they have not received the payment and they can see it in their system

I have also sent them my bank mini statement which clearly shows a debit of Rs.1935 on 14th May, and attaching the same in this complaint for your reference

I am being harrassed by this team . They are even sending false emails that they have not received the payment

I request your help in overcoming this situation

I work in the telecom industry myself and hold on high regard the authority and policies of TRAI

I look upon you for your kind help and support in this matter

Best
Liza Gogoi
9820017572

Cheating , Fraud & Collection threats

Kiran Shahi

Apr 14, 2014

miss call

getting missed call from international number
i am getting missed call from these no. +242800105045 in morning and evening and when i received it call no one speaks and it is so irritating it disturb my sleep and so many time i have disconnected the phone even than they are calling me back so sort out it these problem i like Vodafone services that is the reason i have not changed it if these type of number disturb me i have to take some serious action block these number as soon as possible
sntvyas

Apr 4, 2014

getting missed call from international number

Anis.Jambarkar

Mar 26, 2014

Mobile service used - 9820379718

Every month I have been sending out the same email starting January 2014 and every time I get a response that your number is suspended long back still Vodafone keeps on charging me without any services been used.

To help you understand in details the issues that I have been facing with Vodafone. please read out pointer that would help you understand the concern in more better way.

1. Attached email with Subject line – “Outstanding Payment On Your Vodafone A/C”, which states that my number is already suspended on 11/12/2013 that in month of December 2013
2. Attached email with Subject line – Vodafone payment success – At the first email and a legal notice I have been asked to make a payment of 505.16 as there was already a security deposit of 150 which would be totally adjusted against my 655.16 Bill.. I made the payment..
3. Since then also, I had been receiving email on Misc credits / charges..
4. I called up you customer contact center as well after clearing all my dues and it was made clear that there won’t be any more charge as my account is already suspended on 11th December 2013..
5. On checking today, it was mentioned that the number was again activated by Vodafone and the charges are applied on me.

Why do I pay, without making any use of service as I have submitted multiple request to deactivate my number.
phalemani

Mar 25, 2014

Worst Service

A Worst service provider i have ever seen, I am fed up of this service i am planning to change my service as i have 3 numbers of vodafone and very soon i will be siwtching to some other service Provider, It's been a week i made the payment and still i am chasing them for reactivation of one of my number, couple of time visited to Vodafone gallery and shown them the receipt of payment i made against the balance amount. after getting the confirmation that line would be re activaed in few hours but still the same has not been done and it's been over a week now, i am facing this issue.

I think it's high time and swith to other service provider as they dont even match up the quality service.

Prakash
9819855978
sunilkschauhan

Mar 7, 2014

DND Complaint not honoured

got a call from gurgaon times job portal (multiple calls & multiple days), vodafone is not ready to register that complain as DND
pushpendra04

Mar 4, 2014

Fraud with MNP Customer

My self pushpendra and i have recently ported my reliance number(9167246105). you sales executive given me 299 plan (800min local,100 STDmin, 1GB 3G data and after 1 GB cross speed will reduce 64kbps).after activation i got 2GB internet plan.
I called to Vodafone customer care and they stated that there is no plan like this,

Pushpendra.patel
kdm_1988

Mar 1, 2014

Pathetic Customer Service

I have been using Vodafone services for almost three years now. I have 3 numbers of Vodafone, so out of these for 2 numbers, I opted for Vodafone promotional Internet offer of Rs. 49/- PM. In November 2013, I received sms from Vodafone that this offer will be discontinued as it is not available from now onwards. So I called customer care of Vodafone and informed the Vodafone representative that I WOULD NOT like to go for any other internet plan after this and Vodafone representative told me that don’t worry it will not happen but even than Vodafone without asking me activated the Internet plan of Rs. 149/- PM on both the above mentioned number.

So again I called up the customer care of Vodafone and told the representative about the situation and asked him to discontinue the Internet plan and reverse the amount of Internet plan. But it was not done and now March month has been started but my issue has not been resolved.

As Vodafone appointed Relationship executive (Ms. Sabina), so I even called her regarding this matter but half of the time she is not available and even when she attend the call she don’t know anything about the matter and she never follow-up on anything. She didn’t even call me back about this issue. Once when I called her about the same issue her colleague attended the phone and told me that she is busy and I should call her after sometime. So she cannot call back to anybody as she is some kind of VIP and only I should follow up on everything.

I should admit here that Vodafone customer service is most pathetic that I would have ever experienced and it is of lowest standards that anyone can ever imagine.

Kartik Mahyavanshi.
9167202311.
vikas.mumbai28

Feb 11, 2014

Not provide plan as commited

I have requested for portout from vodafone to Airtel on date 23rd Jan 2014 but Vodafone not ported out and given me 249 plan .
Now they are denying with this and saying we can not do this wait till next 7 working days.

I am facing big problem with Vodafone . same has been shared to vodafone Nodal officer but they are not listening.
swapneel

Feb 4, 2014

Incorrect Charges

Kindly pay attention to the below mentioned complaint.
3G plan was activated on my number 9920484299 without prior information. As per the procedure we sent request to cancel 3G service only .Received call from P Malika Arjun & we informed to cancel 3g & keep the same plan active the one which we had earlier but only 3G was cancelled but the same plan was not activated & the notes said that we declined to activate the same plan,due to which I was again charged normal data charges.I raised complain & again requested to activate same plan for which I was given waiver & was assured that the same plan will b activated but next month again the same thing happened as the plan was again not activated. We went to store spoke with Sandesh (I think he was a supervisor) he said we cannot help as notes made by previous agent says that we denied to keep the previous plan active which was not true . Now we being threatened to pay that amount or else service gets blocked by server, requested to place a hold on blocking activity request was declined.
According to that agent from Vodafone we declined 1gb pack we had & we asked Vodafone to charge as per normal data charges as if we r interested in paying more amt to Vodafone. Kindly request to resolve this issue ASAP(we want the same plan ) or else this would force us to port out service of all my Vodafone numbers.

Swapnil Mistry.
vikivivek

Jan 30, 2014

Mobile Data Fraud

A fraudulent practice has been taking place on my number since November 2013, when vodafone updated their system and the error on data tracking still exists. My dispute with vodafone started with my nov - dec bill where i was charged for 2.93gb data usage, whereas i must have not even used 200mb in that bill cycle.
Caught vodafone red handed in the next month bill.

Executives (Ahmed, Sangeeta, Shiekh) all have agreed on the phone that there is an error from vodafone`s side, but no one is giving me a formal written apology.

If trai is listening, this is the third time i am attaching the evidence of vodafone`s data fraud caught red handed.

Please find attached :-
1. List of data usage of my account on 20th jan 2014, from vodafone website, for the bill cycle (11th Dec 2013 - 10th jan 2014)
The total data usage shown is of 256.88MB.
2. SMS recieved from vodafone on 21st Dec 2013 stating i have consumed 800.02MB of data in my current bill cycle(11th Dec 2013 - 10th jan 2014).
3. Reply SMS to DATA BAL recieved on 9th Jan 2014 stating i have consumed 5.48MB of data in my current bill cycle(11th Dec 2013 - 10th jan 2014).

After all this, my bill which was generated on 11th jan 2014 states i have consumed around 430MB of data.
Any human with simple logical brain can identify the error here.

P.s. - I had switched off my mobile data from 23rd dec 2013 to 11th jan 2014, so the 430mb usage mentioned in the bill is from 11th dec to 23rd dec2013 which again is false and an error.

Mr. Nodal officer you have no moral right to boast of an accurate system after reading the above mentioned evidence...you better answer this time.

No longer a happy customer,
Vivek Abrol
9820546416

Mobile Data Fraud Mobile Data Fraud Mobile Data Fraud Mobile Data Fraud

santhanam

Jan 9, 2014

Clarification & Rectification is required for my Vodafone Monthly Bill

I am E.Santhanakumar working in KEC International Ltd,I am a Post paid customer of Vodafone and my number is 9819833231.

Now I am referring some of my previous months bill statements, in this statement it observed that For the month of April 2013 & May 2013 the monthly charges is Rs.99 and Month staring from June to till this Month the monthly charges is Rs.1099/-.

After Some time period ,I came to know that ,they had activated 3G data plan ,due to that they are applying the Monthly charges as Rs.1099/-Then I wrote a mail to Vodafone Mumbai nodel officer-[REF:############] on 10.10.2013.

In that communication, I clearly wrote that ,i don't want 3G data Plan but in the next Month Bill they had continued to charging the same. So I decided not to pay the November Month bill, then I got a call from customer care initially the representative from Vodafone was talking very rudely, during that time I told very clearly that your applied 3G data plan scheme which i don't want.

Then, after half-hour the same representative came on the call and he told me that, this miscalculation is happened at Vodafone side, we will rectified and the final amount for the November Month Bill is Rs.472/- (After all this communication my bill amount is came down from Rs.1180.7/- to Rs.472/-)

I am pasting herewith the communication

Reminder - Outstanding amount on your Vodafone account
Inbox
x
Overdue Vodafone (SSC-NE), Vodafone India
12/21/13
to me
Dear customer,It has been our endeavor to provide you with the best of services at all times.The bill for your Vodafone number 9819833231 of Rs. 472 was due on 19/12/2013, kindly pay to avoid interruption of services. Please ignore if already paid.You can make your Vodafone payment by any one of the following payment options available with us:· Online payment – bills can be paid through the following website https://www.billdesk.com/Vodafone/QuickBillPay

Now again in the month of December Bill they have applied monthly charges as Rs.994.16/-My actual plan is VG_Corp_IT_99, for which, i have to pay Rs.99/- as Monthly charge.

Without informing to me how the company can change the charges,since last one and half year, I am using this Vodafone services.We are earning through our hard work, we never cheated anyone.

Please provide the solution.

E.Santhanakumar
+919819833231
sagar4mane

Dec 3, 2013

3G plan billing issue

i am very old customer of vodafone

BUT

i have been cheated by vodafone store people, because of that i got bill of Rs 1318

they misguided me in 3G plan

i am going to leave vodafone because of this and will never suggest anyone to use vodafone

i will share this complaint over internet as much as i can and will inform people
how vodafone can cheat you
Rajeev1Singh

Nov 21, 2013

Deactivation of Vodafone

Since morning I made 2 call to discontinue the said no but i am very disappointed with the customer care executive's behaviour who kept me on wait for almost 15 - 20 mins each time and then disconnected the phone abruptly.

Please do the needful and disconnect the no i don't want to deal with Vodafone hence forth.

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Rajeev Singh <[email protected]> wrote:

Ref to the trail mail my Vodafone net connect connect no 98190 94785 is converted into calling no without my knowledge.
If you see the trail mail i simply requested to change my existing plan to corporate plan 225 and i requested to mail me comparison between plan corporate 225(3G) and corporate 199(2G).

But you people has mess up the entire communication making things worst for me. When I called up at customer care no they gave me very disappointing reply and refused to take my request to discontinue the connection. I am fade up of all these goof-up at your end and want to discontinue the connection.

I will request you to discontinue this no from immediate effect and pls refund my credit balance of Rs. 1250/-.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rajeev Singh <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 7:38 PM
Subject: Plan change for net connect no. 98190 94785.
To: [email protected]

I am Rajeev Singh working with Donear Industries Ltd. As GM Marketing would like to change my existing plan to corporate 225 wherein we are getting 2GB up to download free.
Please mail me comparison between plan 225 and 199 (unlimited 2G plan).

I would like to have your feedback on plan selection on the basis of my usage in past.

Please do the needful and confirm.

With Best Regards,

Nov 12, 2013

Cheated, Mistreated and Harassed by Vodafone

At the end of my wits now about what I can do to get any kind of justice and protection from Vodafone.

It has been more than 2 months since I have been complaining and Vodafone has not bothered to pay heed to any of it. After over 50 phonecalls, 20 mails and social media postings, there is still no response or hint of any concern. Most lethargically, I'm always told that I will receive a call in 2 working days, (still waiting for Vodafones 2 days).

A few of my complain numbers: 714871750
719489778
I cant locate all of them since I have so many. This should suffice for now I suppose.

I finally visited the Vodafone store on 19/10/13. The manager over there, Mr. Subhash was completely convinced with the genuineness of my concern and assured me that since it was such a simple and genuine problem it will be fixed immediately and the false charges will be revoked. Surprisingly, after spending 5 minutes in the back office he returned as a transformed person, saying that if I wanted to use my phone I will have to succumb to Vodafone's demands and pay the fraudulent charges.

I have been using 2mbps unltd plan on my number since 2-3 years. Now vodafone refuses the very existance of such a plan. In fact as per the representatives, Vodafone has erased all my previous data usage details and there is no details of start date and end date of my previous ongoing data plan. As you can still see though, there is data usage over the last 3 years but no active data plan. Suddenly vodafone disregards all my previous plan details and prepaid amount thereof and switches me to open usage charges without informing or taking consent. I have explained this multiple times to your representatives and some of them even understand the issue quite clearly and intend to help me out as well but due to the twisted and corrupt policies of Vodafone; are unable to process any genuine cases. And invariably, after being unable to resolve the issue, the candor of the rep changes drastically into someone rude and mean and unfazed.

Falsely charged amount : approx Rs. 11000/-
I have details of all bills paid, since they are paid through my company account. I can very easily prove my point in court if thats where you want to take this. Details of my yearly plan that you have refused the existence of completely. (Ms. Krishna Patel, Appellate desk). and details of my monthly bills that do not show billing for data. and a short recording of your representatives confirming that there has been constant data usage for the last 3 years but no active data plan.

Request for full reversal since I have been on the yearly unlimited plan.

Please refer the mails below to get an idea of the mental trauma and torture caused due to Vodafone and its horribly blatant dishonesty.

ankitvirmani

Nov 6, 2013

refund related

I have recharge my Vodafone number on 17/10/2013 online and it us unsuccessful. I have not received my amount back to my bank account although have mailed several time to there id. Also they have demanded my card number for verification but no solution till yet have being given. Its being around 20 days call them, wasting my balance on there cust care number, but they are not bothered about this.

Oct 23, 2013

Cheated, Mistreated and Harassed by Vodafone

Sent: 04 October 2013 19:13PM
To: Relations Assist (MUM), Vodafone India ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected])
Dear Rajashree,

Thanks for your mail. I regret to inform you though, the 30% discount offered is rather insulting to me. I am not asking for discount. I am asking to revoke the false charges altogether!!!
I have been using the service for close to 15 years now and have contributed to huge revenue on Vodafones part.

I have been cheated and taken advantage of for being an old customer.
Over the past 2-3 years, I have been using yearly internet plan and pay for it annually also. Suddenly one fine day Vodafone decides to disconnect my yearly subscription and switch me over to open usage rates when I have not even asked for it. I have not been informed or taken authorization for disconnection of yearly plan or activation of full rate usage.
You can see in the account details that I have been using data services for the last few years, yet your representatives insist that there was and is no data plan active on my number. I find this highly questionable and dishonest.

I am really shocked and appalled by the business ethics employed by a supposedly consumer driven company.

Once again, I will not be held responsible for your internal miscommunication and dishonest methods.

I am attaching the mail I sent to you and a few other consumer protection organizations.

I really do not wish to waste any more time on this issue since it has already been pending for almost 2 months now. I hope you do not force me to consult my legal department or escalate the issue on social media sites and gather more vodafone consumers who have been duped and cheated in a similar way.

I hope you can reverse the fraudulent charges immediately and restore my phone services to its usual setting.

Mr. Mardia.

I regret to let you know that I am suffering from the worst kind of customer service from Vodafone than I've ever experienced in my life.

The charges mentioned on my account are fraudulent and false and I will not be liable to pay for Vodafones errors/mistakes/frauds.
Mobile No- 9833501860

I have called my relationship manager more than 15 times and with no resolution of the problem. Every time I am assured that I will receive a call 'within 24 hours" and till date I am still to receive any calls from Vodafone.

I have been falsely charged the amount of Rs. 7538.97, which has now increased even more with your fraudulent charges; under the pretext that I had called up vodafone 6 months in advance and asked for deactivation of my internet plan 6 months into the future and apparently Vodafone took my request for 6 months in the future. This is the kind of unbelievable lies I was told by the representative. Shocking as it sounds, it is complete lies.

On calling again, I was told a different story that there was some technical error on vodafone side and they messed up the data account and did not switch me over to the plan renewal and instead decided without my knowledge or permission to deactivate my currently used data plan and charge me full data rates without any plan.

It has now been over a month and several calls from my side with no resolution. As frustrating and appalling as Vodafone has made the situation, I would like a final resolution of the problem or a switchover to another service provider.

Sent: 10 October 2013 15:02PM
To: [email protected] ([email protected])
Dear Mr Ram Mudakavi,

I am sending you a copy of the mails sent to vodafone following an incident of fraud from vodafones side. I found your details on vodafone site and hope that you are more responsible, ethical and not as immoral and rude as the rest of the vodafone employees I have come across so far.

Please go through the following mail and get back to me asap.

Sincerely... (The above 2 mails were attached)

Sent: 10 October 2013 15:12PM
Sending a copy of the mails sent to vodafone over the last 45 days.
Have got no resolution from vodafone for the unauthorized charges.
(The above 2 mails were attached)

Sent: 10 October 2013 15:35PM
Ms. Jacqueline Mandkur,
(The above 2 mails were attached)

Sent: 16 October 2013 15:17PM
To: [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected])
Dear Ms. Mundkur,

Thanks for forwarding my mail to the concerned authority.

Regretfully, I am still to receive any response from Vodafone.

Every two days I get a call from the billing dept. and I have to explain the situation again, just to be told that "I cant help you, you will receive a call in 48 hours". Not only that, but also there is this annoying pay your bill commentary running every time I try to make a call; which I have to call again and explain the situation to one of your representatives to have them deactivate the bill pay notification on the phone.

Finally, I would like to sum it up for your perusal. The last time I had called Vodafone (since vodafone never bothered to respond to my requests), I was shocked at how many times one can change the blatant lie of a story. The first time I called, I was told that it was me, who called and asked for the disconnection of the plan six months in advance, notice that he only said disconnection even then and not change of plan, on obviously not being able to substantiate these lies they fabricated a newer one, now saying that on expiry of a prepaid data plan it is automatically switched over to max data charges without authorization or intimation. This time I was told that as a SPECIAL GESTURE, I was switched over to maximum open usage charges because I am a valued customer. Somewhere in between, my relationship manager Rajashree presented me with a 30% discount on the fraudulent charges, which I find is a new level of cheapness and desperation to swindle customers. On all occasions, all the representatives I spoke with concurred on one fact, that there was no data plan active on my number, EVER!!; but still they could see data usage; this proves that there is some glitch in your accounting procedure. This is the most unethical and blatantly shameless expression of immorality and cheating I have ever experienced.

I humbly request you to once again to reverse these false charges and help me resume the rather satisfactory service I have been enjoying for the last several years. The false charge has now somehow risen to about Rs. 10000 from Rs. 7500.

Hope you can get back to me with a reasonable solution.

Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 13:35:50 +0530

Vodafone India Limited
2nd Floor, Skyline Icon,
86/92, Andheri Kurla Road,
Marol Naka, Near Mittal Industrial Estate,
Andheri East, Mumbai 400059.
Ph: 9820015713

Dear Madam,

The Council has received the below complaint from one of your valued customers
Mr.
Gaurav Mardia
from
Mumbai. We request you to please look into the complaint and respond to the Complainant ASAP and would like to have your comments on the same.

We would appreciate an early reply.

ASHA IDNANI

Attach Documents:

REPLIES

SUBMISSION DETAILS
Date: 10-October, 2013 at 15:49:52 I.P.Address: 60.254.32.40

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you.

Sent: 17 October 2013 13:49PM

Once again Vodafone has made life miserable for me! This time by completely barring outgoing calls and data on my number only because I did not agree to pay for the fraudulent and fabricated charges on my account.

This situation has now become intolerable. I would like to receive a call immediately to resolve this issue.
I have no words to describe the pathetic service or the lack of it from Vodafone. Its not the staff as much as Vodafone's own immoral practices to fleece its clients and steal from them.

None of my several calls or mails or posts on facebook have helped or made any kind of difference to Vodafone at all. Vodafone is still as unbothered, careless and unscathed in its terrible service; and I am still to receive a call 'within 2 days' since the last month and a half.!!!

This is the kind of pathetic service that a so called telecom giant offers. My next mail and a synopsis of this most disgusting experience is going to be to the Press, TRAI and my lawyers.

Since Vodafone might not care about it customers, I suggest you go through the following attachments to get an idea of what Customer Service means as well as a brief introduction to morals, ethics and acceptable practices!!!

Most Disappointed,

Sent: 17 October 2013 16:28PM
To: Appellate Mum (MUM-NE), Vodafone India ([email protected])
Cc: ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ( ([email protected]); ( ([email protected]); ( ([email protected]); ( ([email protected]); ( ([email protected]); ( ([email protected]); ( ([email protected]); ( ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected]); ([email protected]) ([email protected])

Kind Attn : Sujana Kanal

I want to receive an explanation of why YOU have decided that the fraudulent charges are payable.

I need a detailed explanation of how for 2 years you say that I have no active data plan?
Why have you not mentioned the service request number in the mail; why is the place left blank? How accountable/reliable is your reply without any request number?
Or have you knowingly kept the place blank because you know you are lying and falsely charging the said amount?
Following that, how have you activated open data usage without my explicit permission/consent?
Who authorized you to activate data plan on my number?
Why did you not inform me of activation of new value added service on my number?
Why did you not inform me about the expiration of my current plan?
Who authorized migration of the plan?
Why did you not inform me if the plan was discontinued?
Why has it taken you a month to respond to my complain, when the allotted time is only 3 days?
Why was I lied to by Vodafone representatives on every occasion?
Why was I told that there is no data plan ever active on my number?
Why was I told that the switchover to maximum billing plan is automatic and mandatory when TRAI says the opposite?
Why, as a special gesture you have activated open billing on my number without my consent?
Why was I lied to; that I had called 6 months ago to lodge a cancellation request on the phone for 6 months in the future? and how did you even take or process or lodge such a request?
Why was I not sent a confirmation of any such request on mail or sms?
Why wasnt I sent the complain docket no in the mail or by sms?
Where do I access your web based complaint monitoring system?

I sincerely recommend that you educate yourself about the TRAI regulations before shamelessly and hastily attacking my pockets again!!

Steps taken by TRAI for protecting the interest of customers TRAI Reference
TELECOM RELATED ISSUES
Tariff related issues:
• Presenting, marketing or offering tariff plan in any misleading manner is not permitted. All monthly fixed recurring charges which are compulsory for the subscriber under any given plan shall be conveyed as a single figure under one head.
• The Service Providers must inform the customer in writing, within a week of activation of service, the complete details of his tariff plan. In addition, as and when there are any changes in any aspect/item of tariff in the chosen package, the operator shall intimate, in writing, such changes to those subscribers whose tariff packages undergo a change.
• A tariff plan once offered by a service provider shall be available to a subscriber for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of his enrolment into that tariff plan. During this 6 months period, the service provider is free to reduce the tariff; but increase in any item of tariff in the plan is not permitted. However, the subscriber is free to choose any other tariff plan even during the 6 months period.
• Customer has the right to move from one tariff to another plan offered by his service provider any time without having to pay any fee for the migration. A subscriber's request for a change of tariff plan shall be accepted and implemented immediately or from the start of the next billing cycle.

Value Added Services:
• No chargeable value added service, shall be provided to a customer without his explicit consent. Any value added service, which was earlier being provided free of charge, shall not be made chargeable without the explicit consent of the customer. The above provisions are also applicable to Internet Service Providers.
• Voice Mail Service should not be offered without the prior consent of the subscriber.

TRAI's Direction dated 16.09.2005.

TRAI's direction dated 29.06.2005 on information to customers about complete details of the tariff plan.
31st amendment of Telecom Tariff Order dated 07.07.2004.

4th amendment to TTO dated 28.07.1999 and Directive dated 15.03.2001

TRAI's direction dated 03.05.2005 and 12.9.2005 on Value Added Services
TRAI direction dated 03.03.2004 on Offer of Voice Mail Service by CMSP without consent of the mobile subscribers.
(3) Every Complaint Centre shall.----
(a) at the time of registering of the complaint,----
(i)communicate, through SMS, to the consumer the docket number, date
and time of registration of the complaint and the time within which the
complaint is likely to be resolved; and
(ii)update the system with the date and time of registration of the complaint,
docket number assigned under sub-regulation (1), the telephone number
of the consumer, and the time indicated to the consumer for resolution of
the complaint;
(b) on completion of action on a complaint.----
(i) communicate to the consumer, through SMS, the details of the action
taken on the complaint; and
(ii) update the system with the details of action taken.

Please give me a responsible answer and do not waste more of my time with such baseless and meaningless replies.

Also, I guess for the fear of being accountable for it, you have not mentioned any service request number!!!
Shockingly unethical business processes at Vodafone!!! I have no words!!!

Most Distraught,

Sent: 22 October 2013 16:19PM
To: [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected]); [email protected] ([email protected])

A few of my complain numbers: 714871750
719489778

Falsely charged amount : approx Rs. 11000/-

Request for full reversal since I have been on the yearly unlimited plan.

Oct 10, 2013

cheated by vodafone

Copy of mails sent to vodafone with no response or resolution!!!!!

Dear Rajashree,