Vodafone

Consumer complaints and reviews about Vodafone

Rohitjajodia

Dec 2, 2022

Repeater not working

Dear Mr. Jajodia,

Greetings from Vi

Based on our telephonic conversation on 02/12/22 on 9830048487, I am summarizing your concern regarding the network on mobile number 9830048487 and others.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Based on your location, we have checked and observed poor indoor coverage.

Our repeater is already present at your location, and it’s got faulty and not in rectification scope.

The repeater replacement is required to improve the network coverage.

We regret to inform you that your request for a repeater could not be processed due to various constraints.

However, we are working towards optimizing our network and enhancing the capacity to provide you with superior data and calling experience.

To manage your account, please visit the Vi app or our website, www.myvi.in.

Thank You!

Website: www.MyVi.in
Pijishksntigjosj

Oct 24, 2020

Deducted Rs 49 but not recharged

Rs, 49'=0deductedfrommysbi debit card for recharge of mob no 8336069593 0n24/10'20at743pm txn #############cardno x5426 at 10005177but, in fact not yet recharged. The amount may please be refunded or activate my mobile for talktime of Rs 49/=
Probal1basu

Mar 26, 2020

auto activation of kids game pack

my mobile no is 9830126686. I am using vodafone postpaid connection. I received sms from vodafone that KIDS GAME PACK is activated for 7 days, it will be charged Rs21 in next billing cycle. This is harassing that vodafone automatically activating packs without customer consent. If I get this amount added in my next bill then I will file a case against them. It's not because 21 rs but for harassment. I did not receive any calls ar sms for activation request. I have attached screenshot of the SMS I received and the call list which shows I have not received any call from vodafone for activation.

auto activation of kids game pack auto activation of kids game pack

sahakolkata

Mar 12, 2020

Fraud/cheating

On 9.2.2020 I recharged Rs 49 and Rs. 38 was due to be account for in my balance and balance would be Rs. 56 but balance shows as Rs. 18. How can ithappen
Is not clear to me. In my opinion it is a case of fraud/cheating a consumer which h is not expectable from vodafone.
ComplaintPlatform

Nov 19, 2019

Compelled to change to postpaid

Went to Vodafone store at Salt Lake city, Kolkata to change my sim from regular to micro/nano. After verifying documents and checking records they said my records for the number had been registered wrong and it had to be done afresh and the process will require my prepaid connection to become postpaid for atleast three months. I requested for any way out as I did not wanted a post paid connection , but they said they are helpless. I do not see any reason for a simple sim upgradation requiring change of connection type other than coercive business procedures.
dpshaw

Jul 29, 2019

3G internet speed very low and unable to worl

I am having vodafone 3G internet connection .my mobile no. is 8697164535. But for the last 3-4 days internet speed become so slow that it has been non functional. There is no proper mechanism to complaint to vodafone to set right the speed of 3G connection. I am using the plan of 399 for 84 days for long time. I request for immediate restoration of proper speed of 3G internet connection .

Durga Prasad Shaw
akshaydaga

Jun 18, 2019

Unwanted OTP

Getting unwanted OTP from unknown number 17863. Scared that this is a fraud. Please assist
Swarnali Sarkar

Jun 6, 2019

Bad network

The service of Vodafone has degraded. 4G network is like needle in hay. Calls cannot be heard due to poor Network. Internet has become almost non-functional. It's rare to have fast network.

Jun 4, 2019

RS. 75 charges every fortnight

I am being charged RS.75 every fortnight for Mobile App Club Pack. Never heard of the same. Vodafone claims this is third party app. They are unable to stop the charge. This is absolutely strange. Vodafone can stop charging.
ankana1998

May 30, 2019

Activation of juice up pack without consent

The juice up pack has been activated on my Vodafone number 9874832451 without my consent. please look into the matter.
Rituparna Das Hait

May 30, 2019

Entertainment pack is activated and Rs.35 is deducted without my knowledge for my prepaid number

Today morning i received a SMS at 8:54 AM for my prepaid number 9231272166 stating that-
"Hello! Entertainment pack is now active on your number, as requested.This service is valid till 06-06-2019 and a 7 days rental of Rs 35 has been deducted. Your current Balance post service activation is Rs 47.989"
And it happened without my knowledge. I have not requested for any entertaiment pack activaction. I have already send SMS for the deactivation of the pack, but I have not receive the money back.. It's very disappointing and unexpected that it just deducted Rs.35 without my knowledge. I need the money back immediately.

nilrb

Apr 11, 2019

Individual bills against REDTOGETHER plan bill for 3 mobile nos.

Ported to Vodafone for REDTOGETHER plan for all 3 mobile nos. 9999500275, 9899163689 & 7076243590 is getting deactivated repetitively without my consent.

Bill generated on 1st Apr, 19 was individual. However, bill on Mar 19 was consolidated.
MyVodafone App does not show details of my account.
Complaints lodged several times even through registered mail ID, but nothing is happening.

Complaint lodged to appellate also remained unanswered.

I demand single bill for all my three nos. generated on 1st April & before.

rgds

N Baidya
Mob nos.
9999500275 (primary- call me on this)
9899163689 &

Individual bills against REDTOGETHER plan bill  for 3 mobile nos. Individual bills against REDTOGETHER plan bill  for 3 mobile nos. Individual bills against REDTOGETHER plan bill  for 3 mobile nos. Individual bills against REDTOGETHER plan bill  for 3 mobile nos. Individual bills against REDTOGETHER plan bill  for 3 mobile nos.

nilrb

Apr 11, 2019

Ported for REDTOGETHER plan for all 3 mobile nos. 9999500275, 9899163689 & 7076243590 is getting deactivated repetitively without my consent.

MyVodafone App does not show details of my account.

Complaint lodged to appellate also remained unanswered.

I demand single bill for all my three nos. generated on 1st April & before.

rgds

N Baidya
Mob nos.
9999500275 (primary- call me on this)
9899163689 &

Individual bills against a consolidated bill under redtogether plans for 3 mobile nos. Individual bills against a consolidated bill under redtogether plans for 3 mobile nos. Individual bills against a consolidated bill under redtogether plans for 3 mobile nos. Individual bills against a consolidated bill under redtogether plans for 3 mobile nos. Individual bills against a consolidated bill under redtogether plans for 3 mobile nos. Individual bills against a consolidated bill under redtogether plans for 3 mobile nos. Individual bills against a consolidated bill under redtogether plans for 3 mobile nos.

Sas123

Mar 18, 2019

Harassment me by calling multiple times.

I am a girl and i am recieving multiple times including in night also(around 1 am )such type of threat calls and prank call from 08768323645 and 08967875305 continiously.i am felling totallu unsecure ,please take such major action/steps to sop this.
Bikashoo

Nov 13, 2018

Poor service

Very poor service
Priya123gf

Nov 11, 2018

Pathetic network..

Very bad connection..will leave it soon.. pathetic..no 4g coverage..
Abhay Sharma

Sep 29, 2018

neetwork problem and they blocked my calls to customer care maybe too

Worst experience ver I am gonna throw this VODAFONE sim as soon as possible, how dare you guys blcked my calls to vodafone care?.

I had called alomst four times only, and even I had a gentle way of talking with the CROs of this sim provider.

Believe me now I get it that why people use abuusive languages while talking to customer care. But I won't.

I will suggest everyone to buy any sim except Vodafone sim. Shit aim
biswamuk

Aug 29, 2018

8052056769 is disturbing me

8052056769 number is disturbing me.Please take necessary action.
natharnab2010

Jul 5, 2018

NETWORK ISSUE

This is Arnab Nath from Kolkata.I am using Vodafone prepaid number(9051642855).
I am facing a network problem since 6month/above.I already send them mail to solve my problem.But I got a sms daily that we are adding a new tower in your location.But my problem is there where i was before 6month/above.
They told me to do:-
1.Change my 3G sim To 4G.
2.Change my Sim slot To sim 1.
3.Change my Mobile Handset.

I do above all.
But my Problem is not solved still now.

My question is that "is it joke to send a sms to customer that we are adding a new tower in your location everyday without solving the problem".

Sir/Madam i am very much sure that what problem i am facing,if you search then you will notice many other people suffering such problem as me.

Please do something to my problem as soon as possible.

NETWORK ISSUE

souravburman

Apr 16, 2018

Faulty Billing

Hi there,

My bill for period 27-2-18 to 26-3-18 for my mobile no 9836882195 included an amount of Rs.1990/ for incoming calls on while on international roaming.

I am refuting the said charge as I did not answer any of the listed calls and hence rightfully should not be charged for same.

I personally visited Vodafone customer service station at Elgin Road on Friday 6/3/18 and lodged my complaint with Ms. Chandrima, but no action was taken.
As a result I called Vodafone Helpline on 199 on Wednesday 11/3/18, as my bill was due for payment on 14/3/18. I was told there was no complaint registered on the above matter.
I visited Vodafone customer service station at Elgin Road, again on Thursday 12/3/18 and was told by Mr. Kshetranath to email my complaint to [email protected]

I emailed Vodafone on Thursday 12th April, with my complaint and attached screen shot evidence of 2 calls which clearly show them as "missed call' rather than 'incoming call', reason why I maintain, I should not be charged for same.

Thereafter I received an email from Sharmista Das @ Vodafone, stating that the charges are accurate and genuine and that I should pay. I responded back saying I disagree as I should not be paying for calls I did not answer? This was supported by necessary evidence to prove same.

Next I receive an email from Rahul Raj Mondal, which is exactly the same as emial from Sharmista Das - charges are accurate and genuine and that I should pay. I send Rahul the same response I had to Sharmista.

My point is very simple. Why should I pay for calls that I never answered?
If the charges are accurate and genuine, let Vodafone prove same? By simply saying it is, is not enough!

Honestly I find the standard of service extremely frustrating and unprofessional and would urge you to look into the matter and resolve same urgently.

From my end, I have paid my bill for the said period less the disputed amount as stated above.

This is now a matter of principle than money. Vodafone just cannot get away by charging people and expecting them to pay even though the charges are faulty.

Hoping for a speedy resolution on the matter.

Thanks & regards,
Sourav Burman
sauaru0419

Apr 4, 2018

After paid post paid amount unable to Port out my number

I have a complaint against Vodafone Kolkata, I am using Vodafone number since last few years bearing mobile number is 9163170171. Due to bad customer service, I would like to port out my number to Jio. I have already put the request for port out but after paid postpaid amount before the bill due date. Vodafone has rejected my port out request. I have decided that I will not continue with the Vodafone anymore so, please help me out to resolve the issue.

Saurav Basu Mallick
soumya09

Apr 3, 2018

Unfairly Rs. deducted from vodafone account

My vodafone mobile no. is 9433971050. I have recharged Rs. 458 which gives unlimited local, STD & Roaming calls within India with 1.4 GB 4G/3G Date per day, 100 SMS per day for 84 days. But I have seen when I call some one vodafone deducted my Rs. from my account. My account balance was Rs. 242.00, but now it is Rs. 197. This is totally unfair and cheating to customer. Please take necessary action immediately.
APURVA LUNKAD

Mar 30, 2018

SMS charges

I have ported into Vodafone Postpaid 7 days before only. as per the current billing SMS charges are charged Rs 20 per day . if asked to customer care or vodafone office the executive replies that bill is not generated we cannot help you. i am not sending a single message then what do you mean by SMS charges.
Swap D

Mar 22, 2018

VODAFONE Proof Forcing into and not stopping VAS

VODAFONE FRAUD? Forcing into and not stopping VAS
Circle : Kolkata
Number : 8017140091

Firstly, I did not request VAS, but Rs.15 was deducted.
Secondly, Vodafone says I am not enrolled to any VAS.
Then how and why was money deducted ?! Detailed proof given below.

Feb-7, 02:23 - Incomming SMS from VK-VFCARE
"Hello! Vodafone Games service is now active on your number, as requested. This serviceis valid till 12-02-2018 and a 5 days rental of Rs.15 has been deducted. Your current Balance post service activation is Rs.4.04. To deactivate SMS STOP to or call 155223(toll free). Visit http://games.vodafone.in and ..."

Feb-9 08:07 - Incomming SMS from VK-VFCARE
"Hello.You are currently active on the Vodafone Games service.Your 7 Days subscription of Rs.21 will be deducted on the 12-02-2018. In order to continue to enjoy the service, please ensure that you have sufficient balance in your account. ..."

Feb-12, 09:01 - Incomming SMS from VK-VFCARE
"Hi, due to your low balance, your subscription to Vodafone Pack could not be renewed. We are continuing the service for 3 days, especially for you. Recharge within 3 days to keep enjoying the service."

Feb-17, 02:24 - Incomming SMS from VK-VFCARE
"Hi, after 3 days free on Vodafone Games Pack, the service could not be renewed due to your low balance. We will especially hold your request & start the service again if you recharge within 7 days."

Feb-22, 09:00 and
Mar-15, 14:18 - Incomming SMS from VK-VFCARE
"Hi, due to your low balance, Games Buzz pack could not be activated. We will especially hold your request & start the service if you recharge within days."

Mar-15, 14:38 - Outgoing SMS to 155223
"STOP"

Mar-15, 14:38 - Incomming Reply from 155223
"You are not active on any VAS service"

I did not recharge my phone.

Mar-22, 15:45 - Incomming SMS from VK-VFCARE
Same message as on Mar-15, 14:18

Mar-23, 00:16 - Outgoing SMS to 155223
"STOP"

Mar-23, 00:16 - Incomming Reply from 155223
"null"

I did not play Vodafone Games at all till today and DO NOT WANT as I did NOT request for it.
I cannot recharge my phone fearing it will deduct money fraudulently again.

Software defect is acceptable but denying and NOT REFUNDing is fraudulence.
Take your time to resolve software issues but DO REFUND.
Hoping to trust HUTCH !
Anup Ghosh

Mar 13, 2018

Recharge Unsuccessful

My Vodafone no.: 8145648909. I made recharge of Rs. 396 via Vodafone web internet banking did on 11th Mar 2018 .. money is deducted from my bank account . I haven't received any msg regarding it .. recharge is unsuccessful . Then next time i made same transaction it was successful. But money got deducted twice. So i am expecting Rs 396/- supposed to be returned. Please return the amount 396/-.