Vodafone

Consumer complaints and reviews about Vodafone

sbhagi

Dec 2, 2014

Bill dispute

I travelled to the UK and had a extortionate amount plus tax added to my postpaid bill for a few hours of international roaming.
I have disputed the amount with Vodafone india and a customer relationship manager offered a 20% discount. I have requested more which is apparently being followed up but no one has got back to me and nor has it been possible for me to reach Vodafone customer care.

Steps I have taken: 3 week of constant calls and discussions to various Vodafone customer care executives. All of who have promised to follow the complaint through but I never get a call back with a progress update let alone a resolution.

I then went in person to my local vodafone store where they told me they were helpless.
They gave me a leaflet with a escalation number which I have called several times holding for unto 30 mins. No one answers.

All this time Vodafone has disconnected my outgoing services - i.e. I cannot make any calls or use data services.
This issue has been pending since November 9th. It is now December 2nd. I have never experienced such a horrendous service in my life before. We certainly don't out up with this kind of poor service in the UK.

I would like someone at Vodafone to RESPOND and RESOLVE the matter once and for all pls.
Rams Thota

Nov 19, 2014

3G internet

I had done a transaction on 16th of this month in Paytm for Vodafone 3G Internet and the transaction was successful But till now the serveice is not activated by Vodafone. I had a couple of conversations with Vodafone Customer Executives but nothing was happened till now.Requesting you to please look into it.Below are the details and attached is the Paytm transaction details.

Mobile No: 7406660239

Mehaboob

3G internet

sreeharsha123

Oct 30, 2014

High Mobile bill Charges

This is regarding my vodafone post paid number 9742341110, getting huge amount of bill from the past 3 months, since i am using this number from past 3 years , i haven't received this much of huge amount almost 3000 INR-4000 INR , the service is so bad that they are charging huge amount for internet and when i call customer care they said i have used more than the limit i have for my data plan,but the amount is huge for the data which i have used . Every time i am facing the issue with unable to make outgoing calls even though to the toll free number as well i.e Vodafone customer care, how wonder it is.. This is how the vodafone company is providing the service.
mrityunjaya_123

Oct 29, 2014

vodafone recharge

bil/############/OXIGENPMR/############.
Recharge is not happen on 24/10/2014 amount deducted, but recharge is not done. Please check and let me know when i can get this amount Rs 60.

vodafone recharge

chraju27

Oct 23, 2014

excess billing & inappropriate internet plan activation

Vodafone

This is to bring to your notice that i have been facing excess billing form couple of months without my notice and have also paid few bills.

Although it has been continuous followup and request made from me through calls and mails till today i haven't received positive response form Vodafone

I have documented my latest discussions with your Vodafone executive though they promised me to get back on the queries and will close the queries,

i had requested your Vodafone executive not to disconnect my outgoing facility until my queries is settled and cleared and they had promised will not disconnect my out going facility on the no 9739503555

By this it shows there is no keep of trust with customers

Because of disconnecting my outgoing facility today morning i have been facing lot of difficulties now and in huge loss both on time & money and not able to response on time due to the inconvenience caused by Vodafone India

waiting your response at the earliest

Chethan
TNP

Oct 6, 2014

I am getting abused call

I am getting the calls from Gujarat from Numbers: +91 9586331470 & +91 8238595950 & speaking very abuse words.
Please help
Deepak Mali v

Oct 1, 2014

recharge not recieved

Recharge for rs 44 not recieved. But money has been debited from a/c
Girish Rao

Sep 18, 2014

Information withheld when issuing number

This is reference to my add-on card (no. 9886645601) from Vodafone which I have disconnected as Vodafone did not provide me any solution to my registered complaint.

When this number was issued to me, their sales executive never ever told me that prior to me this number was used by others. Had someone from Vodafone informed me about prior owners, I would have never accepted it.

This number earlier belonged to some high profile person. My wife received calls throughout day and late nights from people who wanted to speak with previous owner of this number. This really caused mental agony and inconvenience to us, and more frustrating was that Vodafone did nothing other then cutting sorry face.

I spoke with Vodafone customer executives on several occasions regarding this matter and requested them to get this corrected. When I failed to get any positive response I decided not to pay the bills and discontinue the services.

In addition to this, I received email from Mr. Pradeep regarding the payment dues for which I sent him a couple of email last year. Till now I have not received any response to my email however I keep getting Payment reminder emails from him.

On Sept 16th I sent an email to [email protected], for which they immediately called me. However, I was surprised to learn something bizarre from the gentlemen whom I spoke. He mentioned it was my duty/responsibility to find out whether the card was new or used by someone in the past when the number was issued to me.

Girish Rao
girishcm91

Aug 14, 2014

regarding deduction

i have activated some internet plan, they did not activated but still they deducted amount by confirming it is activated n if i browse am loosing balance, customer care service is not responding properly
deepanshu112

Aug 3, 2014

Fwd:

This is deepanshu pathak holds a Vodafone post paid connection number 7795713116.on 28th my caller tune has been activated without my knowledge. I have also received a sms for the same, then immediately I have called to the Vodafone customer care number and placed a request for deactivation. It has been confirmed by the Vodafone executive that it might had happen erroneously and within couple of days it will get deactivate. Till today I have spoken more than three times to the Vodafone customer care number and they always promised me that within couple of days it will get deactivate.

Today (03/08/2104) around 9.46 pm when again I have called to the Vodafone customer care number one of the executive Mr. JAGGAN had picked my call, I was really shocked the way he spoke to me. when I have told my problem to Mr. JAGGAN he was not ready to listen to me at all, he told me that caller tune has been activated by me and till today I have not placed any request for deactivation .I request VODAFONE to check my records whether I have placed any request for deactivation or not .When I told him that I will go to TRAI if Vodafone is not going to help me he clearly told me that “do what ever you want”.

I am really very fed up with Vodafone service and with their executive.

deepanshu
deepanshu112

Aug 3, 2014

Fwd:

I am really very fed up with Vodafone service and with their Customer care executive.

deepanshu
Mahesh Kumar Patil

Jul 5, 2014

Wrong charging

I have been a Vodafone customer since 7 years and now suddenly they are charging me for internet usage whereas none of my data packs are active and I always use a wireless connection (wifi). When I called the customer care they said I've used the GPRS service without activation and that is why o was charged. Whereas I haven't turned on the data pack on my phone since 3 months. I can clearly see that I have not used any data through mobile data.
This is not fair. This is a scam. Please help or else MNP would be the only option.

Mahesh
nick4you

Jul 3, 2014

Vodafone Harassment Provider

I am frustated vodafone user, using vodafone service for last

7yrs.I am being harassed by Vodafone.My vodafone no :

8095***6822

I am staying in the heart of bangalore city and I don't get

any network at my place. I have repeated complained to

vodafone about the same ,but vodafone has failed to take any

corrective action. Vodafone nodal team Syed has made false

promises time n again and has made me to continue with the

service, for almost 6 months now!! Well Vodafone is not

allowing me to port the service provider!!! Well Why should i

use Vodafone when I don't get any network and basically no use

for me to make charity for Vodafone!!!Vodafone has not only

cheated me but also given false commitment and shown that as a

brand ,they wont hesitate to to lie for gains!!!I have mail

proof to show that vodafone has given false commitment and now

not even responding to my mails/calls!!!

Vodafone is disclosing my personal data to telemarketers ,who

often keep calling for marketing purposes. I have been told by

couple of telecallers that they get the details from Vodafone

DB. These telecallers have every single detail, including

company where i am working, salary, etc. I am not surprised

because these details are explicitly collected by Vodafone

while taking a connection!!!

As per TRAI rules,when a complaint is raised with the service

provider against a tele caller,the service provider

responsibility to ensure the action is taken.But Vodafone has

not initiated any action, but in turn have made a back room

bargain with TATA indicom and other service providers, for

monetary gains!!! There are around 20 complaints which are

still open ,nos are still active, Vodafone has closed most of

the tickets giving some stupid reasons.This shows the attitude

when they know people are dependent on them...I am ashamed to

address them as Service provider ,but call them harasser!!!
tushpk

Jul 1, 2014

postpaid bill

I am on international roaming and have gone to three places in the last month. I took the Rs 149 postpaid plan for int roaming. My bill came to a whopping amount of almost Rs 34,000. I have travelled to Singapore, Qatar and Dubai and have been intimated about data charges for Singapore and dubai but not for Qatar beforehand and my bill shows that I have used around 40mb data at one go in Qatar for which it was charged Rs 30,000. This is wrong and I haven’t used so much data. I even received a message from Vodafone saying that my gprs has been deactivated to prevent any illegal misuse. I have send an email to customer care for which I haven’t received any reply as yet. I am still not in town to go Vodafone and enquire. Please help me with this. This is an unbelievable bill for which I am not ready to pay. My number is 8884901281.

Jun 19, 2014

(Issue resolved now) New sim card form rejected

This is with reference to the complaint i posted titled "New sim card form rejected"

I was contacted by the appellate authority from Vodafone for the same after i had dropped a mail to them

I am thankful to Ninad from Vodafone for taking this matter seriously and personally checking if all was ok....

My new number is now activated and i am thankful to Ninad

Best regards,

jyashwantk

Jun 17, 2014

illegally using my number for tele verification

I have opted to change my number from vodafone to airtel some 2-3 years before due to poor network.But after so many years now i am getting messages from vodafone regarding tele verification for some numbers and often getting calls from them for tele verification,where as i have already stopped using vodafone since long.But still somebody is giving my number as local reference to activate their numbers.I think illegally someone is using my number for tele verification.Please do the needful as early as possible.
I think it will dangerous for me in future.

i have got messages for some 11 numbers for tele verification.

illegally using my number for tele verification illegally using my number for tele verification illegally using my number for tele verification illegally using my number for tele verification illegally using my number for tele verification illegally using my number for tele verification illegally using my number for tele verification

Jun 14, 2014

New sim card form rejected

I shifted to Bangalore, karnataka on 24th May 2014 and was in need of a new local sim card (as i was getting charged on roaming on my original number)

however my application form was rejected by Vodafone since the permanent Photo ID (driving license) that i submitted has my permanent address from Pune Maharashtra
I submitted a valid driving license issued by the Govt of India in Pune (I suppose Karnataka and Maharashtra still are in India and governed by the Indian law) So why is the id not being accepted here???

I have called up 198 and 9886098860 but the customer service has not been able to answer the query and all the customer care executive had to say was to check with the shop from where i bought the sim card. 0
i have called vodafone call center numerous times now and all they say is that they have not recieved my application form, but my question is how will they get the applicatoin form if their representative does not collect the form from the shop in the first place saying that the ID is invalid.
what am i supposed to do here????

The sim card no. that i bought and is yet to be activated:9620119559

I have already mailed vodafone twice but there has not been a single response yet from their side on the same....
Honestly, i think the customer service here is pathetic with no one to ask these companies anything.

below is the mail text which i have already sent them

=============

parikshit rana <[email protected]>

10 Jun (4 days ago)

to vodafonecare.k.

Still no updates received....
Could you confirm on the below query?

What document proof is required here? if activating the sim is an issue for you, kindly get my money i spent on the sim refunded so i can go along with another service provider

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: parikshit rana <[email protected]>
Date: 8 June 2014 02:37
Subject: New sim form rejected
To: [email protected]

I shifted to Bangalore, karnataka last saturday
and since i have been a vodafone customer for the last over 4 years hence bought a vodafone sim card
however i was told that my form was rejected by Vodafone since the ID that i submitted was from Maharashtra
what am i supposed to do here????
the id that i submitted is a valid driving license issued by the Govt of India in Pune (I suppose Karnataka and Maharashtra still are in India and governed by the Indian law) So why is the id not being accepted here???

I have called up 198 and 9886098860 but the customer service has not been able to answer the query and all the customer care executive had to say was to check with the shop from where i got the sim

can you confirm if there is any issue in providing the permanent address proof (issued by Govt of India) as a proof of address. i even have provided the address in bangalore where i am staying at the moment, but does not help it seems.
the sim card no. that i bought and is yet to be activated:9620119559

umesh c j

Jun 11, 2014

sending/demanding bill payment even after cancellation

I had requested for cancellation of sim no 9538049499 & 9739702804 on 21-02-2014. They had assured me cancel and I paid the balance amount also. Inspite of doing so they are sending bills and disturbing me over phone to pay the bill amount. This is not only a disturbance and it is causing lot of time waste and harassment to customer. Even though I have send one more mail in this regard they are continuing with the same tactics and it has to be stopped immediately.
Karthik Motamarri

Migration Problem

I requested to migrate my mobile number from Postpaid to Prepaid on 13-May-2014. But still dated they have not migrated to Pre-paid and it is more than 14 days happened after accepting my request and they have not communicated in delay activates.

My service Provider is Vodafone.

My mobile number is 9538134580

my mail id is [email protected]

Please look into and help in resolving the issue ASAP.
Karthik
amit12345678

Billing complaint

reference mobile 9886540828 post paid
I am extremely disappointed and writing this e mail and will post this in social media and media if I do not get satisfactory response in 24 hours.

On 22nd April I was called by Vodafone customer care representative Firoz regarding my request for de activation of internet plan of Rs99 per month, he was arguing and wanted to know why you want to de activate and was very rude.

As my bill gets generated on 25th of every month, I called Vodafone customer care ivr to know my bill,i came to know it is Rs2,462 wherein my bill never exceeds Rs 1000.per month.

I called Vodafone customer care immediately and they said two plans got activated by Firoz on 22nd April one was 699 plan and another 899 plan which has resulted in increase of charges.I was shell shocked as I have never activated any such plans.

I can assure it was deliberately done by Firoz.

I called customer care immediately spoke to agent Nag Bhusan who wanted to help,i told him it is serious issue,want to speak to supervisor,he wanted his supervisor Sidu to speak but he refused ,I could hear.(listen recording)

Finaly Sidu came on line,very rude,but raised the complaint and said I wil be contacted in 24 hrs.

I told him to de activate my 699 and 899 plans and send me confirmation sms.He said he will but did not.

I want my invalid charges to be waived off.I will discontinue connection if that is not done and moreover if I am not contacted with valid response I am going to post this in social media and inform media.

This is because I feel customer is completely cheated as two plans get activated without customer consent and no e mail or sms confirmation was sent regarding same.

I am tenured Vodafone customer and deeply hurt by this especially my complaint againt Firoz and such quality of service from Vodafone and I believe invalid charges will be waived off.

I am waiting for call at the earliest.

amit12345678

Billing Compalint

On 22nd April I was called by Vodafone customer care representative Firoz regarding my request for de activation of internet plan of Rs99 per month,he was arguing and wanted to know why you want to de activate and was very rude.

As my bill gets generated on 25th of every month,i called Vodafone customer care ivr to know my bill,i came to know it is Rs2,462 wherein my bill never exceeds Rs 1000.per month.

I can assure it was deliberately done by Firoz.

I am waiting for call at the earliest.

Amit Roy
Jayant Singh

May 26, 2014

Vodafone

The simple solution for all the vodafone woes are simply denounce their post paid connection. They are simply trying to make money from customers for all their misdeeds. They have been charged for non payment of adequate taxes. So they are trying to make up for those taxes from innocent customers. Simply denounce their connections and waive them goodbye from India.
Amithms

May 22, 2014

Safe custody

21-Mar-14 i had visited Vodaphone store at ITPL Blore as safe custody request cannot be taken over teh call as per the call center.
paid 100/- for 3 months safe custody.

Till date safe custody is not activated and i am been charged for all 3 months,

now requested them to refund - they say they are looking into the matter.

Finally i decided to move that number to Pre Paid - its also not possible till teh safe custody issue is not resolved.

so i will end up paying safe custody charge + monthly rental

i am visiting every week two time to Vodafone store for resolution.

Amith Suvarna
Blore
prajithmc

Apr 28, 2014

Unncessory Charges on sms due to technical issue of vodaforn

In my last month bill, vodafone has been charged Rs.500 unnecessarily. This is the second time they are doing the same thing. In my bill in a particular day, done a lot of sms with a second gap and they have charged after a request, they are not ready to waive the amount which we have note done. People where siting in branch also not ready to raise complaint and give complaint number. After trying lot , customer care has been taken complant and closed with a comment charges is genuine.

Requesting your help to remove the excess amount charged in my last bill.

Prajith.M C
8095919059
budhachowdary

Apr 11, 2014

Outgoing was deactivated

Hi I was new to the Gurgaon location and I have taken the sim from the Vodafone services. I converted the sim from Pre-Paid to Post-Paid with co-operate servcie plan. After one week my outgoing services was deactivated. When I call to teh customer care they informed me that due to the negative verification we have deactivated the sim. On before the day the verification team has visited to my room and have taken my PAN Card number. I don't know why it has been deactivated still.

I was not able to comunicate in Hindi. One of the girl from verification department make a call and she used to talk in Hindi.
I requested her to speak in English, she put down the phone. The same thing happens 4 times in a week.