VTU

Consumer complaints and reviews about VTU

Harishbasta

May 10, 2017

Non conventional energy source

My name is harisha k (1rl13me024 USN ) I got my 7th sem results yesterday and one of my subject had with held (showing W) what is it mean and why and how can I get it plz clarify my doubts.
shri470eee@gmail.com

May 2, 2017

7th sem result Not Announced

This is to inform you that I Have return the exams of 7th sem so waiting for results and my USN numbers as follows__1EW12EE031.
Because of the results pending i have lost the opportunities in 3 companies, in all 3 companies I have cleared all the round and at the final Stage of giving the offer letter the question asked was to give the Marks card of 7th sem as it is still not announced faceing a loo problem in clearing the final round.
And recently I Have ask I am selected for the company, and there are asking to get the Market card of 7th sem so please do make sure that the result of 7th sem will be announced soon, if not I am going to die on writing to the VTU, saying that continues failing in interview the reason Behind this is that VTU not announced good the results.
Sheshan88

Apr 18, 2017

Results not showing up

Website says USN not valid, waiting for 6th semester results which has been announced, passed out batch 2016
vinum

Apr 18, 2017

your usn number is invalid or not available

i am not able to check my result, I am waiting for my dipmath results and I passed out in 2015 batch,kindly let us when we can expect our results
newgate

Apr 9, 2017

Fine of attendance shortage

College started at February​ 1 instead of 13 Feb they have taken the attendance..So rumour says that you have fined the college for starting early..The actual problem is that is the student has less than 85 percentage they have to pay 500 rs per each class to get the marks card where many college only fine 500 rs per subject if the have less than 85 but here it's 500 rs per class students fine goes to 5k + and it's really hard to pay the fine kindly requesting you to reply me back making me satisfying the rules of vtu , thank you :D
akshujoshi97@gmail.com

Apr 2, 2017

Cancel assignment marks

Students are being tortured with lot of assignments and too much is given to write for a matter of 5 marks, the five marks also are not given to the students as of teachers having personal issues with the student. Kindly consider this complaint and would request that the five marks for assignment should be removed for betterment of the students.
sagar121995

Feb 8, 2017

VTU even semester exam dates for final year

The exam dates announced in the VTU calendar for 8 th semester 2017 is way too late. This would affect the results as it would be postponed.... many final year students have already planned for higher studies in foreign university, many govt exams asks students to show the final semester results within 30 th june 2017 ,failing to which they will be not allowed to go to the interview. Eg: SBI PO deadline for final sem result is june 30 th.
Also students who want to get into IIMs for MBA are also affected because of the final results.
I kindly request to prepone the exams for final year students and please announce the results within june 30th.
lucifer4u

Jan 31, 2017

Reopening Of Colleges on 13/02017

I am studying engineering in MANGALORE INSTITURE OF TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING. Our college REOPENED on 23rd of January. And they also started taking attendance.. We come under VTU BELGAVHI University. we had our last exam on 13th january.
and placement training on 18th-21st january. we got only 5 days of vacation, no internship, no extra curricular activities.

So I just wanted you to know this..... If anything is possible from your side please do it....
Nihal555

Jan 30, 2017

Vacations

Sir/mam when you announce holidays and reopening dates, why does it wont be compulsory for every one...@ this point of time some colleges are in vacation and our college is goin on..If colleges wants to conduct classes when ever they wish, then why do you announce reopening dates...please take this to consideration😑
daliyaantony3@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2017

College Started Early at 23 Jan 2017

I am studying engineering in Sahyadri college, Adyar. Our college started working on 23rd of January. And they also started taking attandance.... If v fail to attend the class they will cut the attandance and submit those attandance to VTU University..... We come under VTU BELGAVHI University.

So I just wanted to make to u know this..... If anything is possible from ur side please do it....

College Started Early at 23 Jan 2017

Mudhu chinnu

Jan 23, 2017

Lost hopes in engineering

So many students lost their hopes in Engineering...many students suffering from year back. . due to year back they losing there confidence in engineering.. Many problems.. Plz cancel year back system sir....its humble request from every vtu students
tejesh kumar k

Jan 10, 2017

improper maintenance

Here I am the student of ekalavya institute of technology, Ummathhur village, chamarajanagara.

In our college there is no lab equipments, lack of faculties, lack of experience, portions were not completed, they collects 500 rs as breaking fee for issuing admission tickets and lots of problems we have.
Totally they are spoiling our future...
Please notify to our college administration...
Thank you......
thanusk

Jan 5, 2017

for need of exams for 15 series detain students in the month of feb as they are coducting for 10 series

Sir as the about subject we also need exams in feb as u are conducting for 10 series... in the 2014banch also have written module wise so we have then why only for them there is exam why not for us....sir plzzz our life will be spoiled because of this one year pllzzz help us out
shashikepu12@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2017

Advanced Computer Architecture 10CS74

Respect Sir,

It is our kind request to give atleast 20 grace marks to all students those who have got less than 75 Marks for the subject Advanced Computer architecture 10CS74 as the question paper was not set according to university rules.As per rules questions should be corresponding to unit and there should be at least 50% direct questions. But these rules are not followed. If you give grace marks to only those who have less that 35 then that will be partiality on students part. So it is my kind request to grant at least 20 grace marks to all students who have got less than 75 marks or conduct the exam again.

Your's

7th Sem Students
Saif Ali Khan Asif

Jan 4, 2017

Regarding the ACA question paper dec2016

It's the journey set by us from the very start of our engineering we manage to keep no backlogs till the end and coming so far to 7th semester this kind of paper is given to us which can fail us with no doubt....what's the point of this journey for students like me who come up to 7th semester and may probably fail if the correction goes not so linient is it the mistakes of ours or is it by the system . .....and yeah I heard from somewhere whether it's true or not that previous year ACA papers were leaked so this hell of a paper was given for us...The questions of a particular unit shud be asked in dat unit itself if at all u wanted to shuffle the questions do it for one or two units it ll still make our mindset right to attempt it since this paper ACA DEC 2016 all the questions were shuffled and more over no direct questions all the questions were tricky ....just my concern is to justice the students of 2013 batch and at least give dem the passing marks "35" so that it doesn't affect their upcoming placements or for the ones who are already placed ...hope for the correction to be lineant with regards student of 7th semester computer science branch
S112anjay

Jan 3, 2017

Rescheduled time table

Respected sir
We Kindly request you to reconsider the time table,instead of 12th and 13th please reschedule it to 9th and10th,it would be very helpful for us
Such long gap after 7th is really not required
shashikepu12@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2017

Difficulty level of 7th Sem CS Advanced Computer Architecture Paper

This is to bring to your kind notice about the Difficulty level of 7th Sem CS Advanced Computer Architecture paper.

The question paper was very difficult. The mind set of the students is that they expect the question of particular Unit is in corresponding question No. Say 1st unit is in 1st Question and 2nd unit is in 2nd and so on. This question paper was exactly opposite to the mindset of the students because of which they could not attend the questions known.

Non of the questions were direct and also questions of different units were mixed up. 2nd question had questions of unit e and 3, 4th question had questions of unit 3 and 4, question 7th had question of unit 7 and 6 and I would like to mention about question 3a) which had 2 cases to explain which was same.

Student in 7th Sem aim at increasing their percentage so that they can atleast attend the upcoming interviews in 8th sem. Now because of this difficult question paper forget about the increasing percentage, students can't even clear this subject. As a result they cant attend any interviews.

So I kindly request you to do the correction leniently so that students can clear subject and increase the percentage.

And I also request to give the grace mark for question No. 3a) for all those who have attended that questions.

I hop that correction will be lenient and students can shape their future well.

7th Sem Students
CSESeventhSemesterStudent

Dec 30, 2016

Setting tough Question Paper in Final Year to Fail Students

The question paper for 7th Sem CSE : Advanced Computer Architecture 10CS74 - December 2016 was extremely difficult, the unit wise ordering was not followed and the questions were mixed up in Part A and Part B. For a subject whose questions are always repeated there were barely questions from the same unit, leave aside repeated questions. Question 2 had only questions from unit 3, question 4 had a mix of questions of unit 2 and 3. Unit 6 and 8 questions were not even there in the paper. As we are final year students a lot depends on our marks and ensuring that we don't have backs because of such question papers should also be in the interest of our university. Having a back could mean we can't sit for placements and even apply for further education. This would adversely effect us. I request that the correction be lenient and such question papers which are meant to fail students should be avoided. Our entire life can be effected by this, this is an extremely critical matter and i hope you'll look into it.

Sincerely,
CSESeventhSemesterStudent
Imtiyaz khot

Dec 28, 2016

on shortage of attendence and leaving college

After having 80%+ attendence they are taking too much fine.I was having 81% attendence an I payed 3000 fine.This is not fair.
I want to leave the college,but they are not giving back my documents. They are asking me to pay four years fees.My parents can't afford.Please help me
Raveendra Hegde

Dec 25, 2016

Chemistry

Respected Sir/Madam
I am the student of 3rd year EC branch ,but i don't eligible to third year because I am failed in first year subject chemistry .
The 2014 scheme chemistry has 5 modules and each have 4sub question for only 5 marks for each,how can we write these whole thing in 3 hours and also don't give full marks ,
I attempted 3times but not passed because of your strict valuation ,and i waste around 2000 rupe for this only subject for revaluation and photocopy for this subject. I am sure last times I passed after revaluation by seeing the photocopy but dint. only up grade 22 to 25.
I am EC student what is the need of chemistry for future in this branch
Now I wrote 4th times and I requesting to you please please please pass me by loose valuvating and I trust you please don't give me sad result and give me an eligibility to get next semester by new chance announced by you to eligibility to 5th semester by crash course, other wise VTU is the directly a reason for lose my future life.
Jessie Cathrine

Dec 24, 2016

A serious issue regarding syllabus

Im a 3rd sem cse student. Please please please please change cbcs module system. The syllabus is too much & even lecturers find it really tough to finish the portions. The last modules of all the subjects were just rushed through by the lectures and it is really a burden on the student . Please bring back the unit system. The module system is not actually letting us learn. We study the modules inorder to complete the syllabus & not learn it. The unit system lets us learn somethng as the saying "something is better than nothing."
As a cse student I'll have to learn many other things other than the vtu syllabus to fetch a job. Due to the module system time is just spent in reading the vtu syllabus. We dont get time to learn other things due to the vast syllabus. Please do respond to this complaint.
Rakshitha194

Dec 24, 2016

About answer script

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am a student from DBIT Bangalore .Today we had Chemistry exams and I wrote all the answers but in hurry I forgot to darken the OMR sheet in the answer script (2nd page in answer booklet) . Will my paper be valuated. If not, is there any other way to get it valuated.Please suggest me what to do next. Please reply sir/madam.
Rakshitha
Pavangowda

Dec 16, 2016

Re exams

Sir I have back papers 4 subject if u guys keep this subject in between my present subject's I can't concentrate on both of them and I won't have time to study u guys should keep the back papers at the last after all the present exams are over .
varalakshmi .M

Dec 13, 2016

year back

sir i am yar back student 2010 scheme but for next year syballus will be change what we should do
muhammed aman

Dec 2, 2016

usn number

i didnt get my usn number my lab exams are started but i didnt get it.my exam started two days before but i didnt get itso please do something about this