West Bengal State Transport Corporation

Consumer complaints and reviews about West Bengal State Transport Corporation

Dipanwita Sarkar

Jan 3, 2019

Sudden change of Route

I used to travel 5 days in a week from Alampur to Dharmatala and vice-versa being a private company employee.

Yesterday, 02-01-2019, I took the private bus of Sealdah - Amta route (WB-11 / 5905) from Dharmatala to get down at Alampur. I got a seat just behind the driver seat. Several times I asked to conductor and driver whether the bus will run under the flyover or over the flyover. Every time they told me that it will run under the flyover. But after the Jalan 3 suddenly it turned to rise to flyover. To reach at Alampur ,I had to got down on the flyover and from there I had to walk alone about 150 meters in a very unsafe condition near about 8 pm in this winter.
Morever while I was coming out pushing the crowd of the passengers, my shawl had been lost in that bus.

Please take the necessary action as early as possible to stop such type of harassment of passengers.

Dipanwita Sarkar
Srijan Mondal

Dec 15, 2018

Not giving ticket

The conductor didn't gave me the ticket and lied to me that the fare is 1 rupee more and when I asked for the ticket he abused me. The bus number is WB19J3783. Requesting for kind cooperation as the money he is taking on the name of fare is illegal and thus not taxed.
soumen debnath 398

Dec 12, 2018

timings of Govt bus ST 12

hi team,
i am a daily passenger of ST 12 ( baruipur to sapurji ), but in evening this bus never come in time. Many days i get this bus from narendrapur at 7:30 p.m. , some days i get it at 8: 10 p.m., somedays i does not come. It is the only bus to go from baruipur to sapurji. So it is my earnest request to look into this matter.
looking for a positive response.
Ritikashaw

Dec 10, 2018

Bus time table

I am daily passenger of bus S4(parnasree-saltlate-parnasree)....bus this bus doesn't have fix time table....8:30 bus leaves sometimes 8:20, sometimes 8:25, even sometimes 8:40.....same problem during evening returing from saltlake....no bus between 6 and 7pm.....sometimes till 8 i have to wait.....sometimes 3 buses run together.....these are very hazardous for us, the office passengers....if they can't follow the time table(30 mins span) then why the time tables are given at the bus stand????..... am humbly requesting you to please look into this matter
nandrey06

Nov 4, 2018

Complain against bus driver and conductor

I have to catch bus from Howrah to bhawanipur, bus was going towards garia. It was AC bus , it deaprted from Howrah bus stand @10:37 pm. Bus driver and conductor started arguing with me , saying luggage is not allowed in bus , conductor took my luggage and thrown out of the bus. Finally I have to get down from the bus. I felt like i being non Bengali the bus driver and conductor did because .. every Sunday I use tocome from my home town . And take bus towards bhawanipur. Never happened with me like this before. My only request to the department is that. I being a boy some how managed to get another bus .. if in my place some woman or seniour citizen could been then situation may have gone worst.

Not given stoppage on bus stand

Bus route AC43. Bus no. WB014794 DN. Time 7.05 pm . Dated. 3rd Nov 2018. Place Mathpukur. Driver did not stopped for taking passenger from the above stoppage. We shake hands to stop but the driver ignored. Bus was not crowded. We have seen from outside only sitting passengers are in the bus. We use to go back home everyday by same route. Govt have given bus route for the Service of the passengers . Take necessary steps for the same.

Not given stoppage

Today I.e 3rd Nov 2018 bus route AC43 DN ,bus no. WB014794 at 7.05 PM not stopped at Mathpukur. Bus was not crowded. Only sitting passengers. I was waiting for the bus at Mathpukur stoppage. Driver has taken the bus from right side of the road and did not stopped at mathpukur. I use to travel by the same bus everyday while coming back home from office. Please inform the driver to take the passengers from all the stoppage. Govt has given us the facility . Driver should not ignore. He has no power to decide where to stop where not. Please take necessary steps for the same by not to do this type of ignored.

Not given stoppage on bus stand

Yogesh1987sharma91

Oct 21, 2018

Ac 50A not on time

Ac 50a in morning not on time on regular basis it comes on time only 3 days in a week .
Pls kindly look into Matter.
Yogesh1987sharma91

Sep 12, 2018

Ac 50 & Ac 50A not on time

From last 15 days Ac 50 & Ac 50a is not on time as a result we have to suffer late to our office we start our journey from Bally if this continues who will travel from bus ? We thought government is taking initiative to improve its bus service but now we are wrong. It's a request pls do not make your image too bad .
tsinha03

Aug 10, 2018

Ac not working

Ac of the bus is never working.
Bus no-AC12
Please let me know why are we paying high fares when you don't even get basic facilities in the bus.
Som4891

Aug 8, 2018

M14, C8 - not stopping at Bosepukur Sitalamandir stoppage.

M14 and C8 Bus not stopping at designated stoppage.
Bosepukur Sitalamandir in this case around 9:55 am in the morning.

This becomes a routine that these buses will not stop, they only stop when there is signal or if they want to stop.

M14 bus driver did not even looked at the people waiving hands to stop the bus.

This is ridiculous. Please take action against these incidents. These are public transport and they are not picking public, even though the buses were not crowded.

anunay banerjee

Jul 30, 2018

Excessive Bus Fare by Dhulagarh to Nayabad route buses

I am a daily commuter from Ballyghat to Sector V. In this route, Dhulagarh to Nayabad buses ply. Surprisingly, all the buses running in this route are not complying the revised fare by the government. The fare from Ballyghat to Sector V was previously Rs 15/-, after revision this should come to Rs 16/-. But Dhulagarh to Nayabad bound buses are charging Rs 18/- for the same distance whether other buses ( DN 46 ) are charging Rs 16/- only. Even today the same incident took place and the number of bus was 07J 4640.

Commuters are agitated as the bus conductors are paying no heed to the complain. Please look into the matter.

Anunay Banerjee
Anuvab mondal

Jul 12, 2018

Illegally collection of Fare without providing a ticket

We use to travel every day in ST 6 bus from tollygunge to Salt Lake sector V... and every day after 7.30 the bus driver and the conductor illegally collect money from the passenger without providing a ticket, they use to take less amount from passengers.. More over dedicatedly they use to ride slow from tollygunge to salt lake so that the last trip not to attend... Please take an immediate action.
Barin Banerjee

Jul 2, 2018

EXCESS FAIR FOR BUS IN SANTRAGACHI TO EXIDE & MORE DESTINATION

EXCESS FAIR FOR BUS IN SANTRAGACHI TO EXIDE, GARBHAWANIPUR TO RUBY, SANTRAGACHI TO DHARMATOLA, SANTRAGACHI TO NEW TOWN, SANTRAGACHI TO SEALDAH, AMTA TO MUKUNDOPUR, DHULAGARH TO SEALDAH

As per WB govt declared bus fare ( published in newspaper on dt 26/8/2014) ordinary bus fare is

Before Fare : After Fare
Santragachi to Exide - 10/- 12/-
Santragachi to Fortis 14/- 19/-
Santragachi to Science City 13/- 15/-
Santragachi to Dharmatala 11/- 14/-
Santragachi to Sealdah 13/- 17/-
Santragachi to Newtown 18/- 24/-

As per Govt. declaration bus fare will be raise Re1/- in every stage, but this route not obey the rules. They takes Rs.2/-, Rs.4/-, Rs.5/-, Rs.8/-... after 4 km. instead of Re 1/-.. My question how a private bus is not following govt. prescribed fare. Moreover conductor is threatening passenger to give fare as per fare chart on asking of fare chart.

kindly take necessary action in this regards & save common people from cheating of the dishonest bus owners.

Barin Banerjee
mimorahman

Apr 25, 2018

AC23 not stopping at designated stop

Around 9:30am on 25/04/2018 bus AC 23 running towards dunlop did not bother to stop at Kaikhali bus stop. Although the bus conductor has seen me to signal them to stop but they heartily ignored me. This is not the first time. Earlier several times I have missed AC 50 and AC 50A in similar manner.
Usually very less number of people travel in Ac services. This type of behaviour of bus driver and conductor is not good for revenue generation. We, daily passengers are suffering and it is also tarnishing the image of your organisation. Kindly look into the matter as it has become almost a daily issue.

Complaint against bus drivers and conductors of Bus ST-16

First of all, thank you very much for starting a new bus route from Joenpur to Sapooji (ST - 16). It is a great relief for garia peoples those who have to go their office or school or college to Sec V and Rajarhat area. By availing this bus we can now reach our destination without spending too much money and side by side a hassle free normal journey.
Now, my complaint is against the bus drivers and the conductors of this bus services. Because, they never follow their daily time schedule . They run the bus whenever they feel so… Means, we cannot depend fully on this bus services. We all are aware of that, for the time being; only 4-6 buses are running in this route. But they at least should maintain the proper time schedule. Main problem is that, the conductors never call the stop names before the passenger or they even don’t try to collect the passengers by calling the stop names or giving the proper stop. Their attitude is, if anybody is able to read the name plates or the stop name written o the bus screen. Only, they will catch that bus. In West Bengal, it is not possible that all the people are able to read Bengali words. If they do not pronounce the stop name, how could be possible for Government to make profit by running this bus services. After observing, their attitude anybody can say that, after few months they will show that it is a non profitable route, it’s better to stop this bus services. But, it is not true. Please do not stop this bus route. It is our humble request to our government.
Moreover, in the short route from Garia to Rakhit more or Joenpur, conductors are not providing bus tickets against of normal bus fair. Passengers are not complaining. Because, they are already suffering from auto rickshaw and cycle rickshaw scarcity problem . Please look into this matter and help us to continue our journey hassle free.

Complaint against bus drivers and conductors of Bus ST-16

Moreover, in the short route from Garia to Rakhit more or Joenpur, conductors are not providing bus tickets against of normal bus fair. Passengers are not complaining. Because, they are already suffering from auto rickshaw and cycle rickshaw scarcity problem . Please look into this matter and help us to continue our journey haslefree.

Complaint against bus drivers and conductors of ST-16 bus

pratyush chowdhury

Jan 11, 2018

not stopping of bus at scheduled bus stop

I am a Sr Ctzn and daily commute between Avisikta bus stop on EM Bypass and Salt Lake Sector V by your buses in Route No. ST - 6. I am satisfied with the services rendered by you.
Today at about 11.25 A.M. the bus having registration no. WB - 19 J 3066 (newly purchased by our Government) having moderate number of passengers but still had spaces to accomodate more passengers, did not stop at the scheduled bus stop (Bus Stop signboard is prominently displayed on a Board by the road side) although I raised my hand sufficiently in advance and shouted to stop. The driver has seen me raising my hands after he had taken the EM Bypass after passing through P A Shah Rd Extn at Kalikapur crossing.
I had to suffer for such callous and don's care attitude of the driver.
The matter is now with you. Pl see that such sufferings are not repeated and in the meantime, kindly inform me what action has been taken against the errant driver.
pratyush chowdhury

Jan 11, 2018

non stopping at the designated bus stop

I am a Sr. Ctzn and daily commute from Avisikta Bus Stop on EM Bypass to sector V in Salt Lake by travelling in your bus in route no.ST-6. Today ie, on 10.01.2018, at 11.24 A.M, a bus of Route ST-6 having Registration No. WB 19 J 3066 having few passengers only so that it can still have more passengers, did not bother to stop at the stoppage where I was standing and raised my hands for stopping although the driver has seen me after he had taken the EM Bypass from Prinnce Anwar Shaw Rd Extension near Kalikapur.

The incident also happened at 11.30 A.M. and 4/5 days back with the bus having registration number WB 23 B 4657 of Route ST-6.

Sir, I had to face lot of problems for such type of mindset of the bus operators are also turning down the image of the organisation.

Whatever has been done can not be replenished. But you are requested to kindly look into the matter and take steps to stop such harassment of general passengers.

Thanks a lot.
Karkeraa

Nov 20, 2017

Break down

Today bus are asking passengers to get down of the bus telling them the bus has been break down... I got into bus from Park circle and was on the way to Shapoorjee... I had to change 3 buses. Still I am not sure I will reach.
Mingma1

Aug 1, 2017

Harrashmemt to passengers

I am travelling for tollygunge metro station to airport in bus no. WB19D9563 it's 8:25 Am (02/08/2017), since the bus just came i for the confirmation for where it will leave ask the conductor bhaiya yeh gaari airport jayega , then he just looked at me and said nothing as if he was orally disable Then again I ask the same question but couldn't get any response from him so I ask in a loud Voice the same question now he angrily responded me back not my question which I have ask but said itna halla kiu kar k baat kiu kar rahe ho. After all this thing what would you think I should do and I just want to ask wbstc that do you recruit bus staff without any kind of proper test and training . Please look over this problem and respond by taking any kind of action on this bus staff, because your response will make a change which is much necessary .
Subarna11

Sep 19, 2016

Daily harassment of passengers

The AC buses plying from joka to howrah (Ac12d and Ac52) have malfunctioning AC. Even the small additional fans are either broken or non functional. It feels extremely suffocating in the closed buses with no cooling(not to mention how much the buses are packed during peak times). Moreover, the buses are not at all regular. They do not maintain any schedule. Most of the time the last ac bus at howrah leaves between 7pm to 7.30pm.
Also I would like to mention here that there is another bus no E4 which plies from behala parnasree to howrah. It has been 2 years I am communicating in this route but only once I got the chance to board on that bus as the bus could not leave howrah station due to water logging in Kolkata. The bus staff were proudly proclaiming that they park the buses in parnasree garage by 7pm everyday and that the passengers are lucky that they got the bus today.
The same schedule and regularity problem exists with bus no Ac4. Only good thing is the ac work properly in this bus.
Can you tell me why should I pay almost 3times bus fare for such a horrible service? Moreover there is no surety whether we will be getting the buses(the aforesaid bus nos) after waiting for almost 20 to 30mins.
I would therefore request the authority to look into these matters seriously as soon as possible. We, the passengers of behala locality, are suffering a lot due to this. Please treat the matter as urgent.
Soumadeep Gupta

Apr 14, 2014

Rash driving

Yesterday a garia-bbd bag route bus was driving very rashly..An accident can occur at any time if this kind of driving continues. The bus number started with WB 04f 6 ..i was unable to note the rest of the number. Please see to it that this kind of rash driving stops.

jnanabhumi - Mobile number changing
    Sir, i lost my sim card ,so please give me the chance to...
    pf office bandra - Pf not credited
    Hello, as i had applied partial pf amount on 9 dec 2018...
    TRANSACTION FAILED FROM UPI - AMOUNT REFUND
    Transaction date:07/01/2019 UPI reference...
    Indian Postal Department (EMO) - Non - Receipt of Electronic Money Order (EMO)
    2 Electronic Money Orders were booked on 10.01.2019 from...
    SBI ATM Debit CARD - SBI ATM Debit Card Not Received
    ATM CARD NOT RECEIVED Dear Sir, My ATM card was not...
    fairplay@rummycircle .com - Solve my account problem
    My account has closed for security reasons so you keep...
    Videocon D2H - Not attending customer calls since a week and no website...
    Dear Customer (Sanpra3007), We apologize for the...
    KELVINATOR REF KP202PMX HFB MARRON - CUSTOMER COMPLAINT
    CUSTOMER COMPLAINT BALU KALE _MOBILE NO-...
    Home - Illegal construction in Pitampura
    Illegal Construction in our neighbourhood. Pitampura ED-13...