Western Digital

Lincon_WD

Nov 5, 2014

Re,500 gb western digital hdd password protection

Hi luckeyrajput,
I'd like to assist you. Most of the WD drives come with the SmartWare and you can use the SmartWare for the protection of your hard drive. You can put the password on your drive through this software. You can also download the software from the link below.
You can follow the guidelines on how to set up the software on the link below.
I hope it will help you.
luckyrajput

Nov 3, 2014

500 gb western digital hdd password protection

hello! I have a 500gb western digital portable hdd. I want to know that how can i make it password protected so that it does not get opened in any other pc. I know to make it password protected for my pc only. Is it possible, if yes, then how??
D.K_WD

Sep 25, 2014

Re: My Passport drive falls asleep

Hi Vikram.Thakur,

I am glad to help you out. Based on your post, it may be a system setting issue. An external hard drive connected via FireWire 800 does not power on or resume operation when connected to a Mac computer.
This issue is caused by the external hard drive's built in auto on/off functionality not correctly receiving a command from the computer system to wake from a power saver mode. Some Apple computers provide power through the FireWire port even when the computer has been turned off or is in sleep mode.

For more details, please refer below link.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3679?viewlocale=en_US .

To solve the issue, please install the WD drive manager for MAC. Here is a link to download and how to use the WD drive manager.

Good luck.
vikram.thakur

Sep 25, 2014

My Passport drive falls asleep

I have Western Digital WDMT5000TN 500GB My Passport Studio Portable Hard Drive for Mac. I am trying to us it for Time Machine back up. After running under Time Machine for an hour or two it falls asleep and does not wake up. I need to pull FireWire 800 connector out of my computer, and then plug it back and it works until next time.
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
I am using it with unibody MacBookPro Mac OSX 10.6.2. I am using Firewire 800 connector.

Jul 19, 2011

Replacement of Hard Drive

Please go through the brochure/bills/receipts for any terms and conditions.You can send them a legal notice stating your grievance and for the refund. You have a very prima facie case against the Company. They will certainly start responding to you immediately. I am a lawyer.
Satish
Cell No.:- 09341106594

Jun 5, 2011

put it on http://techenclave.com/forums

May 20, 2011

Hard Disk Replacement Problem

Western Digital are big cheaters. Dont ever buy their HDDs. I had sent my drive on 6th April but yet to receive the replacement. Called on support no. dozen of times and sent number of email and they are doing fake commitments. Will sue them soon.

Arvind.
User472080

Jul 18, 2011

Replacement of Hard Drive

Hi Sir/Mam,

After much of a thought, I bought an External Hard Disk Drive of Capacity 1TB from Vardhaman Computer and Communication Wazir Pur Community Center Delhi of brand Western Digital.

The Hard Disk Details are as follows:

S/N: WCAV53083319
Type: WD My Essential
Capacity: 1TB
Date on which it is bought: 20/11/2009
Model No: WDBAAF0010HBK-SESN
Warranty: 3 Years Replacement Warranty

Since many days I have been facing a problem of accessing the hard drive which is currently containing many important documents and data.

For this reason, I tried contacting the WD help Center but the person attending my Call just ignored the fact that I am facing so much problem.

I called them many times explaining my problem but nothing happened.

As an alternative, I asked them to replace my Hard Drive (for which I am eligible), They asked me to send the hard drive to them. I told them that it is not possible as nobody can trust the courier company and I cannot send the Hard Drive for which I spent thousands of rupees by courier as I wouldn't have any proof of whether or not it will receive to the location specified.

They just kept on saying that you have to send it like that only and it is just a matter of luck that it will reach there. Its as if they don't care about there customers spending thousands of bucks in these items.

I was shocked to see such a behavior from employees of a company, which I thought of was a good one.

Then I asked them about the data my hard drive contains and they just said, "We don't give shit about your data" This line being quoted by Mr. Manjunath (16:36 on 18-07-2011).

I can quote many other rude behavior from the employees but it doesn't set the foot on right side for the company.

It was like, I did a great deal of mistake taking hard drive of such a company which is full of employees that don't care about there customers problems.

Other companies dealing in same items are seagate, iomega etc. These companies also provide an option of device replacement where the company sends in a new Hard Drive to the Customer facing difficulty and then after receiving the drive, the customer sends in the defaulty drive.

At the end it felt that it was my fault going for Western Digital when companies like Seagate and others are prevailing in the market for decades.

In this kind of regard, I decided to not use products of this company no more and let others also know that it is best not to buy products from Western Digital.

I hereby lodge a formal complaint against the Western Digital and its employees.

Regards:

Ankit Aggarwal

May 18, 2011

Hard Disk Replacement Problem

I have been continuosly following up with company via telephony but most of the time either their toll free numbers are busy or when they attend my call then they always reply me that my problem will we solve out within a week but no action will be taken by Western Digital.

I launched my complain on 25-04-2011 and the RMA No : (82667699).
On 18 may again i call to WD this time they inform me that i have to go to bhopal nagar for replacement. And i asked him about the "Onsite Warranty" procedure then they don't tell anything to me. If i have to do these types of efforts then why should WD claim that it's provide "Onsite Warranty" to their customer.

In future i never ever purchase any product of WD and never guide to my client or anyone to purchase WD Products.

Regarding