WOW MOMO

Consumer complaints and reviews about WOW MOMO

Wowomomo

Feb 1, 2020

Wow momo promotional

I recieve too many promotional messages each day.
I want all promotional message to be blocked on my number.
If this is the procedure of you people luring the customer into buying your products then this is not right.
I am one of the frequent eater of your momo n other products.
But from Today onwards I'm not going to purchase anything from your outlets. Just because I'm so annoyed by your promotional messages that I have to complain here.
Congratulations you lost 2 more customers with me.
Because I with my 2 other friends visits you. But now I'll not take them to you stalls.
Good F'king bye.

And yes you don't even have a number to complain.
Ushm

Dec 8, 2019

Missbehavior by the manager

I ordered 4 veggie moburgs from a wow momo outlet at Acropolis mall kolkata on 8/12/2019. They told me 10 mins wait time after i ordered. After waiting for 30 mins when i asked the manager why did it take so late to make the food the manager told bhool gaya and after that i asked him for 4 packets of schwan sauce he denied me he said ek se zyada nai de sakta. I told him i am paying for the food he said aapko refund de dunga. He missbehaved with me. Is this the way customers shouod be treated in a service industry? I want a stern action against this person. Its because of us the outlet earns money.
anishukl

Sep 21, 2019

No follow of queue

Billing man dhiraj was billing customer without a queue at pvr anupam which was creating the mess at billing counter.
When I asked him that why he is not following queue he said we don't follow queue....doesn't expected such I'll mannerd guy at you store spacially who is involved in public dealing..do take care of this

@wow Momo pvr anupam saket
pushkar kumar08

Apr 27, 2019

Miss behavior of wow Momos personal

I visit garden galleria mall on 26/04/19 and visit wow Momos and there I is Team member name Vishal, I ask him about the coupon I purchased from easy diner, but he said I don't no about the coupon, then I ask about the manager who know about it but he said manager was not present here right now, the I ask him to try but he was very busy at call and said " mere senior k call hai 5 se 10 min lagegye".
Bad service

Mar 18, 2019

Poor service

I just try to order your food inside chennai airport, but your staff telling it is time to change shift and reject my order to wait for the next shift. What a ridiculous excuse??!! Why cant he prepare the food since the next shift is not coming? And he is shouted to me.
It is really shameful of showing this kind of service in an international airport.
Sudeshnamitra

Jan 12, 2019

Not accepting the gift coupon given by wow momo

I received 13 wow momo gift coupons from Kolkata quiz festival on 11th of January, 2019. I tried to encash one at a wow momo store on 12 th January, 2019 at 7.20 pm at the wow momo outlet at the fbb shopping mall at hati began, bidhan sarani. But the person at the counter named Ajit Ray refused to accept it on the ground that such coupon s could not be accepted at shopping mall outlets although there is no such notification on the coupon itself. After lot of delays and altercations the person took the order. His superior also supported him by saying that that was the rule although he failed to produce any written document supporting the fact. Under such circumstances pls sort this problem out immediately. Otherwise all these coupons will be meaningless.
sguha

Aug 28, 2018

rotten chicken in plain momo

Bill No.14779, 28th Aug 2018, Time : 7.32 pm

purchased one plate each of the following :

1. Fried chicken momo
2. Steamed chicken momo

While the Fried chicken momo was very tasty, the steamed chicken momo was terribly smelling with rotten chicken inside. First time encountered such terrible issue. Being a frequent customer of Wow Momo, felt very dissapointed. Hence, thought of seeking management attention to it.

Best regards.

Aug 11, 2018

The quality of food.

So I bought pan fried schezwan momos . I had to return them as they were clearly not edible and tasted really bad .They exchanged my order and the second one I got was more disgusting . Please hire professional chefs. The food smelled really bad.
sjdheera06

Nov 22, 2017

Wow momo taking price more than billing amount whatever the way of paying

Today i have purchased momo from kasba outlet where the billing amount was 477.50 but when I paid the amount through my master card the amount they collected from me was Rs. 478/- i do not have any idea that type of circular has publised by RBI . I think wow momo unable to pay the salary of their staff so that they are taking this exe amount from customer.
Sharleez

May 9, 2017

Hair found in Cheese pan MoMo

Went to one of the wow momo outlet in Ecopark branch,
Momo which was served has hair on it ,thereafter when we informed the staff of wowmomo brand .
They without even apologizing took the momo removed the hair infront of us and served the same piece of momo again .
So embarrassing service and casual approach.
Kindly allign strict action against it as it is very critical for consumer for such nonbothering approach of their staff ..
Praphull

Feb 13, 2017

Charging VAT on food served in non AC restaurant

Wow momo is illegally charging VAT from the consumers for food served in non AC outlets in Kolkata as VAT can only be charged on food served in a AC restaurant or eatery in WEST BENGAL as per WBVAT Act 2003. So Wow momo collecting VAT from customers and depositing it to it's own account not even in government account. It must stop collecting VAT from customers when food served in non AC outlets. And also its food quality is not so good and not having sufficient quantity to pay so high price.
Praphull

Feb 13, 2017

Charging VAT on food served in non AC restaurant

Wow momo is illegally VAT from the consumer for food served in non AC outlets in Kolkata as VAT can only be charged on food served in a as restaurant or eatery in WEST BENGAL as per WBVAT Act 2003. So Wow momo collecting VAT from customers and deposit it to it's own account not even in government account. It must stop collecting VAT from customers when food served in non AC outlets. And also its food quality is not so good to pay so high price.
pawan.dhall

Feb 2, 2017

Misleading free offer advertising

Ref: Wow Momo Foods Pvt. Ltd.
53/5A Hazra Road, Kolkata 700 019
Bill number 54, Date 1/2/2017

From February 1-3, 2017, Wow Momo has been offering one plate of momo free against the purchase of one plate. This is supposed to be applicable to any type of momo ordered. But yesterday when we (a friend and I) wanted to avail of the offer, we were told that we can have a plate of only chicken cheese momo, and get a plate of chicken momo free along with it. We accepted this because we had to have our meal, but we found this offer extremely restrictive and unfair. When we pointed this out to the Manager of the outlet, he pointed at the terms and conditions apply clause. But this cannot be an excuse! There should be a clear pointer in the advertisements what the terms and conditions are, so that consumers can decide beforehand and be prepared for non-availability of desired items.

We are die-hard Wow Momo fans, and proud that this is a successful Kolkata-based business. But we suggest that instead of celebrating opening of more and more outlets, please focus on better communication and training your staff on how to speak to consumers. The Manager of this outlet and his colleagues were rude also to another customer, a woman, who pointed out the same problem as us. We had already paid for our order, but the woman had to leave without any service, and when she wanted to know the name of the Manager, it was not shared with her. Instead she was shouted at.

The entire incident left a bad taste in our mouth. We have decided not to visit the outlet concerned, and perhaps even stop eating at Wow Momo. I hope this complaint is taken seriously and not dismissed just because you are now riding the crest of success.
mukhopadhyay

Dec 3, 2016

WORST QUALITY & LEAST QUANTITY

BILL NO:- 136, DATE- 03-12-16 , TIME - 20:20:42, ADDRESS- 965 JESSORE ROAD, KOLKATA
______________________________________________________________________________________

Tonight 1 Veg Thupka purchased as per Bill details mentioned above . Complains are mentioned below :-
a) Quantity was just 1/4 TH OF SOUP BOWL
b) Except two tiniest cabage flakes , NO OTHER VEGETABLES was added IN TOTAL THUKPA.
c) Taste was just worst , as no standard masalas were mixed in Thukpa. It was just Water mixed with small quantity of boiled Spaghetti .
d) Cook doesn't KNOW AT ALL ABOUT THE PREPERATION OF THUKPA .

We don't understand how such type of WORST THUKPA [Quality & Quantity both ] are used to be served from YOUR BRANDED COUNTER .We purchased Momo, Thukpa etc from your other counters like VIP road, Shyambazar, City Malls, Spencers etc but such type of CHEATING NEVER DONE FROM YOUR ANY COUNTER .
This type of situation is very AWFUL. Try to check all your counters in Kolkata ocassionally , so that YOUR BRAND NAME is prvented from getting destroyed for some MISCHIEVEOUS employees/ Counter people .

WE LOVE WoW MOMO AS OUR FAMILY MEMBER

Eric Kaiser

Oct 9, 2016

Poor food quality caused severe food poisoning to me

The momo on cart outside Mahanayak Uttam Kumar metro station serves very very poor quality food. Their shitty veggie momo burger caused me acute food poisoning. I am still in bed and suffering. Stupid, shitty and non hygienic stalls. They should be banned from selling these expired foods. Idiot people are working in there. I doubt even if they know something about the term 'expiry' and 'hygiene'. I refrain people from going to these 'Wow! Momo' shops as they have poor food quality standards and management. Moreover they do not give any bill. All good for nothing people who know just profit and do not care anything about the people.
Anindya2016

Sep 19, 2016

Price Vary and Service Tax

Why do WOW Momo in Kolkata are having different prices for each product in various outlets? For E.g. Chicken Momo (steam) is priced at Rs.70/- in EcoSpace, Rajarhat whereas the same is priced at Rs. 85/- in Lake Mall, Lake Market. The price is not at all uniform throughtout. Moreover most of the outlets are charging service tax of around 6% along with VAT. Why should an outlet which is non AC charge service tax? What service are they offering for which are they are levying tax? This is really irritating? When challenged, they can't justify for these price variance and has no clue on why they should impose service tax?

Please look in to this in an urgent manner.

Aug 26, 2016

Bad quality of chicken item used in momo

We bought steam chicken momo from wow momo food Pvt Ltd from nejati subhash.the material chicken used for the chicken was stale and of bad quality. We didn't expect this quality of food from such a brand .this is disgusting .hope at least u will take some action .
Pritha bhattacharyya

Aug 23, 2016

Quality of food

Bought wow momo on 23aug,16, frm momo on wheel. Couldn't eat it as it was not fresh & properly steamed. Stuffing had a bad smell.
rajeev_sengupta

Jul 3, 2015

VAT BEING COLLECTED BUT BILL DOES NOT MENTION SERVICE TAX NO.

WOW MOMO at 10, Wood St, Kolkata -16 Ph 033-69461111 is collecting Service Tax @ 5.6% in their bill but the bill does not carry any service tax. They are evading SERVING TAX .